Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Classical Music

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Classical Music
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Music Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AussieWDWFan
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As fireurgunz did note, Rhapsody in Blue is in Fantasia 2000. It would sound very out of place in Impressions de France.
I, too, owe a lot of my early musical exposure to Disney films- particularly Fantasia. One of the earliest (and best) gifts I ever receieved from my grandparents was a special edition of Fantasia. It had the film (on VHS) a special making-of VHS, the score on 2 CDs and a limited edition lithiograph of Mickey in the Sorcerer's Apprentice. To this day, I love it all.
However, I'm desperate to get Fantasia on DVD (or even Blu-Ray)... My VHS is too precious to use!
alsirrap
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing about the music in the parks, classical or not, a lot of it I wouldn't listen to normally, but when it's in a music loop from the parks, I'll enjoy it everytime.
UncleDick
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Sleeping Beauty Reply with quote

I was introduced to Tchaikovsky's ballet The Sleeping Beauty through its heavy quotation in the 1959 Walt Disney animated film. Anyone who loves "Once Upon a Dream" or George Bruns's score owes it to themselves to seek out a full performance of Tchaikovsky's emotional and majestic composition.
allen09
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love "once upon a dream"! One of my favorites from Walt Disney.
UncleDick
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahosifatz wrote:
Best. Score. Ever.

Claude Debussy's Claire de Lune is exquisite. Played it for a percussion performance in college.

Erik Satie's "Gymnopedie (sic) #1-3" (the skiing section) gives me tears.

Camilie Saint Saens "Aquarium" from Carnival of Animals (opening piece) is by far the best piece of classical music ever.

Classical music is my favorite type of music. If anyone is interested I can tell you each of the pieces and where to find them in entirety. However, most are obviously different recordings than Impressions de France.

Thanks for the list, jahosifatz. I, too, love the selections in Impressions de France. I don't think I was familiar with any of them before I saw the film, but they are so beautiful.

Even though I saw Impressions de France before they added the nostril Dale track to Space Mountain at Disneyland, I still associate "Aquarium" more with Disneyland than EPCOT Center. Dale puts such a unique rock 'n' roll twist on the song.
socmus2000
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Fantasia Reply with quote

Fantasia was so good about this.
mdegrand
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Fantasia Reply with quote

socmus2000 wrote:
Fantasia was so good about this.

I agree.
socmus2000
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Fantasia Surround Sound in 1940 Reply with quote

I bet you didn't know this was available in surround sound back at the original release date. It was broadcast on TV (center audio) and was available in right and left audio on an FM and AM station. So if you set up the tv and 2 radios in your home you could have surround sound back in 1940.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Music Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: