Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Space Mountain

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Space Mountain
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildcatterasst
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Space Mountain Reply with quote

Who else thinks its high time that space mountain received a major refurb? It is now the "oldest" Space Mountain and desperately needs work and not to mention its the only one that doesn't have an audio track to go along with it. After riding the new Disneyland one, I am hoping and praying that it gets some work done very soon, but I think it is still on the back-burner. Confused Just a thought.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be another case where they want the parks to be different from one another - they left the 'old' Tiki room in DL and refurbed the one in WDW. You can only see the 'old' one by going to Disneyland. They may leave it as is just to make it different from the DL one.

So, the lack of updates may partially be on purpose in addition to the cash involved.

Just a thought.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think so too. i actually enjoy the 'normal' sm without all of the folderol.
Therewasatime
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, while I've only been on SM in WDW it's always been a classic. I hope they keep it like the Tiki birds, with an original in one park and an updated in another. Sonny
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that the enhancements made in DL were due to the thing being ready to fall down! The track was literally falling apart! It closed months earlier than anticipated due to safety issues.

Personally, adding a sound track would improve the ride, since I like riding a coaster with music/sound. Maybe adding some video (space stuff, not that stupid “news” garbage they used to have) to the queue line.

But no matter what, DON’T GET RID OF THE COOKIES!

aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutely! mk sm is the original, so it is the best candidate for "classic version"...although, i do like the fact that the updated disneyland sm still has all of the great 1970s ambience.
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope they don't touch STAR TUNNEL or any of the entrance area music. I love the flying Choc Chip Cookie.... The post show could use a change, although I am quite nostalgic about it, I couldn't see anything else going in there. I have heard the rumours of making the tracks smoother, but c'mon thats a classic just cuz it has bumps and jolts and is not smooth It hasn't needed music all these years, it draws the crowds and the sold out fast passes each day by noon so it still must be FUN the way it is..... I am a purest I say leave it as is... Very Happy
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aprildecember wrote:
absolutely! mk sm is the original, so it is the best candidate for "classic version"...although, i do like the fact that the updated disneyland sm still has all of the great 1970s ambience.

You know, if you listen very closly in the beginning of the ride, you'll hear mission control say, "Mission 77..." Mission 77 is reference to the year Space Mountain opened in DL.
Also on the wall above the loading dock has something that says, "DL 05" with reference to when the new updated SM opened Very Happy
Therewasatime

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fireurgunz, that's some really cool trivia, I didn't know that at all. I'm with Brownieboy though, I'd cry if they took out the Star Tunnel music. While I hate waiting in line it makes it for very nice ambiance.
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A classic is just that... A CLASSIC........ IT is what it is........... It was high tech for its time I believe it was the first dark ride roller coaster I still remember the chills i would get thinking about in the car ride over... Each and everytime I ride it now to this day I duck everytime when we go under all the beams and overhead tracks thinking my head will come off... I can't help it...... Embarassed
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Therewasatime wrote:
I'd cry if they took out the Star Tunnel music.

I would hate that to!!! Crying or Very sad I like to hear it on UAB! Very Happy
Jerry
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been going to Disney World and riding Space Mountain since 1979 with about 5 years exception and the nostalgic part of me says keep it the same. But, it could use some updating. Even the Statue of Liberty had to be updated .
Jerry
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, the more I think about I say "DON'T TOUCH IT!"
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for a major refurb, but I'd like to see some other attractions get it first...

Jungle Cruise, Country Bears, Tom Sawyers Island, Star Tours. Let's face it, some of those attractions just need work.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More rumors and speculation regarding Space Mountain 2.0... from WDWMagic & Screamscape
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: