Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - When booking a Disney Vacation please remember to....

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

When booking a Disney Vacation please remember to....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: When booking a Disney Vacation please remember to.... Reply with quote

Just a friendly reminder.. When booking a Disney Vacation please remember to make your dining reservations as early as 180 days in advance. As a resort Concierge, I can't tell you how many times a family has checked in and wanted dining reservations at the last minute, just to get all the unpopular spots their whole stay. If it is around a holiday, or the hotels are full the week you are there, you will have a hard time finding anything good. Remember.. book early for a reasonable selection.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read this several places. And for a single meal or special dinner, I can buy it. But does Disney really expect folks to know where they want to eat 1/2 a year before they even get there?

The problem is not that they fill to soon, but that they are allowed to fill so soon.

what they should do is allow you to reserve a limited number of reservations when you book, until n months before your stay, and then make you wait until a period closer to the date.

So if you are celebrating a special event you can book it, but for the rest keep the reservations open for the other guests.
ericpabear
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: When booking a Disney Vacation please remember to.... Reply with quote

foxer76 wrote:
Just a friendly reminder.. When booking a Disney Vacation please remember to make your dining reservations as early as 180 days in advance. As a resort Concierge, I can't tell you how many times a family has checked in and wanted dining reservations at the last minute, just to get all the unpopular spots their whole stay. If it is around a holiday, or the hotels are full the week you are there, you will have a hard time finding anything good. Remember.. book early for a reasonable selection.

You are right. When we first started going to WDW, we have had to settle for what ever we could get. Not a very "Magical" experience being told sorry we are full. Now being Vacation Club Members, we make all our priority seating arangements months in advance. We all sit down as soon as we know the park schedules, and decide where we will be, and what we want to eat.
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is kinda' crazy to book dining reservations 180 days in advance, but you can always overbook your dining reservations and then slim down your choices when you arrive, that way you may have a couple of places in a couple of locations to choose from each day. But always remember to cancel those reservations you are not using to allow others to book. General restauraunts have no penalty fees for canceling, but all dinner shows, Victoria & Alberts, Princess Storybook (Akurshus in Norway), Cinderellas Royal Table, California Grill, and possibly special tea times (that is a complete list I do believe) do charge a penalty if not canceled within a certain time (usually 24-48hrs in advance).
LeCellier in Canada and the Coral Reef are VERY POPULAR, don't even ask a concierge to get in there the same day unless it is the off-season! You have a better chance of going to those locations directly and asking to wait for an opening (same-day).
DylansDisneyDad
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWfan wrote "But does Disney really expect folks to know where they want to eat 1/2 a year before they even get there?"

I don't think this has anything to do with what Disney expects folks to know. I think the prudent park visitor will know, or at the very least have a vague idea, where they want to eat. There is so much infomation in books and online out there about restaurants, you can "build" your choices into your tourning plans. Or, be adventurous and make a guess. The folks @ (407) WDW-Dine have alot of info as well. They have help me make some great choices.While I do agree with "diversifying" your choices while you firming up your plans. I always cancel at least 3 months out. it's a base courtesy to the other travelers who are making plans as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: