Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Coral Reef Restaraunt

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Coral Reef Restaraunt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Coral Reef Restaraunt Reply with quote

Anyone tried the Coral Reef located at EPCOT . If so, let me know how you liked it. Thanks
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there last August. I enjoyed the atmosphere, and the food was decent enough. I was disappointed in the crab cake. I guess they're trying to appeal to as many diners as possible, by not making the food too extreme, but I thought they could have done more with it.

It's definately a fun place to dine! Especially if there are divers, floating by the window, waving!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice place...I always enjoy it there....Smile Though it's a bit weird watching fish watch you eating fish Smile.
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like it. The food just wasn't as good as I expected. The smell of sea food overwelms the flavor of any thing else you maybe eating (like desert). I liked look'n at the fish swimming around. They had a calming effect. The rest of my family enjoyed thier meals very much.
brifendler4
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/

Last edited by brifendler4 on Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a tankside seat once, and a party near us was celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. The divers in the tank made a big 4-0 with their bodies.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish are friends, not food!

JK, I think it's a good place for seafood, not great. Think Red Lobster. The setting is really beautiful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Iv'e stated here before, This is where I proposed to my wife, Had a diver swim up to the window and hold up a will you marry me sign against the window....... Smile

The food was good, not great, but I do recommend it. I do highly recommend the "FESS PARKER" Riesling wine.. It is Phenominal........We have at least 2 bottles when we are there Confused

Request to be on the glass if you can get it....!!
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed Coral Reef as best I could. I had the seafood souffle appetizer that was on the menu at the time and was suprised at it's lightness! I then had the grilled Mahi Mahi with couscous, arugula with a honey soy glaze. It was all very good however the mahi piece I was served was very small! The family sitting across the aisle from us were letting their children run rampant all over the place, up and down the aisles, and all over the booth seats. Parents.. Disney is totally family friendly.. but teach your kids manners, and make a small effort to control them!! I might return to the Coral Reef Resturaunt, the food was good!
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

foxer76 wrote:
The family sitting across the aisle from us were letting their children run rampant all over the place, up and down the aisles, and all over the booth seats. Parents.. Disney is totally family friendly.. but teach your kids manners, and make a small effort to control them!!

Hmmm... Parenting as active rather than Passive sport. That might lead to well adjusted kids, less trouble in the world, Less stress for parents and strangers, more exercise for the parents, and Kids that respect their parents. Not sure we would want that, after all telling your kids no might hurt their precious Self-image. J/K

- Foxer, I totally agree with you.
scfireman
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loved it we had a tank side seat and enjoyed the view. I was feeling a lil bad as i ate my mahi mahi next to a fish tank but the guilt was short lived due to the excellent food.
juicer
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I went last Feb. - It was so noisy - we could hardly have any conversation. Lots of kids running around without any regard to servers with heavy trays of hot food Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: