Expedition Everest Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Important UAB Site Announcement

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Important UAB Site Announcement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wdwaddict
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am overwhelmingly depressed by this news. Just like so many have already stated if there is a way to keep the best site on the internet going count me in to do whatever it would take to help. All you at UAB made this my favorite sight to log onto! It is the one place I could go to get away from the stresses of everyday life and just be a kid again and enjoy the music that is so dear to me. While I never got to meet anyone I felt like I knew most of you as if we had met a million times. I am going to miss everything about UAB from the music to coming home everyday to read new posts I will even miss Daguru requesting Off Kilter (can't believe I just said that). It is amazing how we take things for granted I thought UAB would always be here to brighten my day. THANK YOU ALL AT UAB FOR DOING SO MUCH TO BRING A LITTLE JOY TO THIS GUYS LIFE!!! I hope we find another site to meet up on because I am REALLY GONNA MISS UAB Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad . THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYTHING!!!
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Ellory and David said earlier, we will miss ALL of the members on the site. You were all an extended family to us.

Some of you have already joined the Facebook group and I've invited everyone that I'm friends with from UAB to join the group in case you haven't found it yet. Please feel free to start discussions, post pictures....etc.

Some of you mentioned the Jamborees. If there are any pictures you guys would like from the events, please email me and I'll see about getting them to you.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DylansDisneyDad
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigger2

I am really REALLY bummed. I enjoyed seeing so many other people who were as passionate and in most cases MORE passionate about Disney than I am. I will miss all of the great information and will definately join the FB group.

Many thanks for all that you do. You guys are the best! If there is a way to make this a subscription based service or something like that..Count me in!
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very sad to see the site go dark. I have joined the facebook page and I hope to see you all there also. Sad is really the only thing I can add,
SGV
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just awful.

I haven't been able to be much of a part of this fabulous site as I don't have a computer at home, and now that I'm about to get one, this happens.

You have done a fantastic job with this website. I'll miss you all so much!
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is such sad news. When I first came to UAB I thought I was just going to listen to the music.... then I started posting, and now I have all of you wonderful UAB friends. I understand the reasons, and hope that there is a bright future on the horizon (for all of us!), and maybe UAB can come back someday. Admins- you are all amazing, and I so appreciate what you've all built here. I'm already on the Facebook group and look forward to keeping up with everyone. Smile
CaptainSad
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad I am sorry to hear that this month will be the last. I have only been on here for a year and I am going to miss all the park audio this site has to offer. I wish I could get your whole collection. I am going to miss all here. I don't know you all personally, but I like this Disney community. I hope someday someone could bring this back in some format or other. Good luck to all of you. I will be on www.intercot.com which is the cast member site. I will try to go to the other sites mentioned. My email is below if anybody wants to keep in touch...

Rich
CaptainSad
captainsad@verizon.net
eatmon74

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI I was watching a movie and well I started to lament the fact that this Great site will go dark. so I am going to say one last thing and will not post on this topic anymore. Actually quote one last thing.

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths".

I feel that the site has done this and as a group, where ever we all end up, we will "keep moving forward"
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such sad news indeed.

And just as I'm about to start my busy season when I listen the most! How am I going to survive another tax season without the melodious sounds of my favorite places....sigh....
Eatmon is right. We all must keep moving forward. I'm sure the other sites will be enough to get "the fix", but it certainly won't be the same. And who knows what might happen from UAB going dark. You never know what happen next.

From all of us in the Toad family, thank you to the admins for doing everything they have and thanks to everyone else for being so super awesome!
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am extremely disappointed to hear this. I have not been active much (DANG bosses prevent me from listening at work) but I have NEVER seen such a high quality of membership, support or service at any other site. This is the only one I have ever joined and I did so because of this. If I can help to continue it in any way (money or Administration grunt work) please let me know.

Never feel that asking for financial help for something like this is not right at this time. For the services you provide, it is a natural part of "business" and this site and the quality of it make it worth keeping even in a bad economy.

I feel guilty now that I never came through on those plans to send you a contribution. I stopped by here only once a week but again, the quality of the people who ran it shone through. I also realize time is the true cost and our schedules and commitments change. You should be PROUD of such a high standard you have provided and such a wonderful community that you have brought together.

My prayers and best wishes to all the admins who worked SO hard on this. Again, if extending the admin work would help, please let me know. If it is definately a DONE DEAL, well then Thank you for all the enjoyment you have provided for me. I will miss watching Figment travel around.

So, God Bless everyone here. Send the CDs with ALL the music to my snail mail address, the check is in the mail and I hope someday things will change and I can someday join in Utilidors 2. The return of a wonderful group of people.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, our fabulous membership has brought tears to our eyes. THIS is what make it tough to close the site.

As I am sure you are all aware, there is a lot to keep the site going on a daily basis. In all the time we've run this site, we've only had 1 user issue. ONE! I know some of that has to do with our running of the site, but it also has a lot to do with the membership as a whole! A site isn't great on it's own, it's great due to the people who support it. But to continue to keep a great site going requires time, which we are running short of due to many other commitments. Its more than just grunt work, there are a great many other things that require time that only the admin team can perform.

We really appreciate the offer, and it appears that money is not an issue for many of you. And even though we provide a valuable service, we are not a business, we are a fan site; a group of like-minded people who enjoy the audio memories of places that we are all quite fond of.

You never know what the future holds. We have the Facebook page and the Facebook group (Friends of UAB) to help us all keep in touch with each other. We have all the e-mail addresses so that if something does change, we can let you know.

Again (and I'm sure this will be said many times this month), we thank you and appreciate each and every one of you. We're here because of you.

(Ok, now I need to dry off my keyboard. Wink )

davea61
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the smile your site put on my face everyday. I'll check out the other sites you recomended, but I have a feeling they will pale in comparision. So sorry you have to go.

Thanks again,
Dave

p.s. I'll see you all on Facebook!
owtlaw17
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable,
That such a great site should go dark. Mr. toads wild ride, The Skyway, The Adventurers club, And now UAB Crying or Very sad . I wish the best for the Admin staff, and all the other listeners. Hopefully we can make it through this challenging time.
Regards,
Robert
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

owtlaw17 wrote:
Unbelievable,
That such a great site should go dark. Mr. toads wild ride, The Skyway, The Adventurers club, And now UAB Crying or Very sad . I wish the best for the Admin staff, and all the other listeners. Hopefully we can make it through this challenging time.
Regards,
Robert

Wow, to be categorized with Mr. Toad and The Adventurers Club, what an honor!

owtlaw17
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have thrown in "Adventures thru inner space". But i will truly miss UAB it always amps me up for my trips to Disney.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: