Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Tusker House change / Donald's Breakfastosaurus closing

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Tusker House change / Donald's Breakfastosaurus closing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericpabear
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Tusker House change / Donald's Breakfastosaurus closing Reply with quote

I am not sure if I am supposed to mention the site i got this off of.

The Tusker House Restaurant at Disney's Animal Kingdom is being converted from a quick-service restaurant to a buffet restaurant. This location will soon offer a character breakfast buffet and a non-character lunch/dinner buffet, starting on November 18th.

Donald's Safari Breakfast Buffet will be offered from 8:00 am to 10:30 am featuring Donald, Daisy, Mickey and Goofy (characters subject to change without notice.) The lunch / dinner buffet (no characters) will be offered from 11:30 am - park close. Reservations for all meal periods will be accepted by calling 407-WDW-DINE up to 180 days in advance.

In order for Tusker House Restaurant to be converted to a buffet restaurant, it will be closed for refurbishment from August 20 until November 17.

After the refurbishment, Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery will continue to serve pastries and coffee from the outdoor window.

With the character breakfast opening at Tusker House Restaurant, Donald's Breakfastosaurus character breakfast at Restaurantosaurus will be discontinued after November 5.

Restaurantosaurus will continue to be open for lunch / dinner as a quick-service restaurant. Hours of operation will be 10:30 a.m. until park close.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all means, please do mention where you found this information. We're all for giving credit where credit is due, especially where we learn something.

Thanks for the post.

daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, another great restaurant gets destroyed by the 800lbs gorilla knowns as "Character Meals"...

First Hollywood & Vine and no Tuskerhouse.... now where am I going to eat at DAK?
Therewasatime
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me about it. I worked at Hollywood & Vine when they implemented the changeover. "Hey alright Playhouse Disney, totally puts me in the spirit of classic Hollywood era and so appropriate with the decor....good work guys." No more swing music while setting up and I get to do the Hot Dog dance every 20 minutes. Fabulous idea for a buffet "Okay we're gonna have a buffet character breakfast and once we load the kids full of Mickey Mouse waffles, eggs and bacon we're gonna get them to jump around and dance." We should have sold Pebto Bismol at the merchandise stand. Although the breakfest is quite yummy.
brendya
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to make restaurant-style Ranch Salad dressing? I love the Ranch salad dressings served at restaurants, like the Ranch dressing they have at Denny's, but I have not found a recipe yet that actually tastes like the Ranch dressing from restaurants. I don't like store bought Ranch dressings, and I don't think the little powder packets of Ranch dressing mix, like the Hidden Valley Ranch packets, where you just add mayonnaise and milk/buttermilk taste restaurant-style. Could someone please submit a good recipe for Ranch salad dressing that tastes similar to the Ranch salad dressing served at restaurants?

Last edited by brendya on Sat May 02, 2009 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I'm just not a character meal person.
CTKnight3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, Tusker house was always a favorite of mine. I am kind of disapointed that they feel they need to move characters into everything. Cant they just let some of us eat quietly? Perhaps instead of looking at ways to fix the working restaurants (Hint: lower the prices) they could focus on something more entertaining like oh say: Getting the River boat ride back.

Did ANYONE actually get a chance to ride those and why are they letting a good river and some good audio-animatronics go to waste> Or are the animatronics rusted out by now???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: