Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Space Mountain Refurb

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Space Mountain Refurb
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownieboy69 wrote:
HA HA HA WDWFAN!!!!

Just when I think I have finally gained some closure and accepted this tragic loss........... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

You go and open up my wounds all over again....!!! Mad Mad Mad

I hope your next churro tastes like salt!!!!!! Wink Wink

Due to the impact on Brownie... I am retracting my prior post...
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjturmel wrote:
Brownieboy69 wrote:
Maybe after all this time and when the dust settles they will finally find my lost camera!!!! Very Happy

I've heard that they've found all sorts of sunglasses, flip flops and things on the bottom of this ride. They even found some poor guy's DENTURES!

That's kinda sad actually. Six Flags sweeps the grounds of their roller coasters every night, and every morning. I know, because I once lost a phone there, and asked 20 different people about the sweeps. But I stuck around and got it back.

You would think if six flags is doing it, everyone is. but I've seen hates on BTMRR sit there for a day or so. And a cup in a bush uder the weday. That was there for at least 2 weeks!
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... it's getting a little rough in there ?!?!

Laughing
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be HATS on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. And cups UNDER the WEDWAY. I guess I should start proof reading my posts.

I hear the queue's new feature will be an interactive cell phone based program. I dont know any details, but when it reopens, Space Mountain will be sponsored by Twitter.

ok that was just a joke
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, while I did post those comments, I must admit I have seen Disney go out of their way to match folks up with lost items if possible.

My father had a lost item and they called around to two resorts, multiple people involved in luggage transportation, mouse cleaning, etc, and kept him apprised of situation all through the day.

so while there are cases of things not getting swept up daily, Disney does try to re-pair lost items to the owners. (Although for attractions, I do know they will make you wait until next day so they can retrieve after hours)

What amazes me is the number of folks that don't even try to recover things that they lose.
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To your point WDWFAN, I was told exactly that. I had to wait till after hours swept the ride and looked for it. I was FRANTIC........ It had my daughters first birthday and FIRST WDW trip on that card.. I called everyday for months on end hoping praying to get it back... I had shots on there that can never be duplicated I feel. I had one in particuliar of my daughter walking towards me with NOONE ELSE in front of the castle in ht e background. I was actually laying on the ground so I could get the angle right. We had ADR for Crystal palace early so the park was empty. She had a huge smile and the sky was blue it was the best photo I had ever taken..... It now belongs to "THE MOUNTAIN" ... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Lost and Found was very cordial and helpful ...

The moment still haunts me every now and then in slow motion in my mind.... I can see the camera lifting up out of my front shirt pocket and hanging in mid air as our coaster car drifts under it and all I hear is the distant banging as it falls and hits rails and track on the way down to the depths of "THE MOUNTAIN" ...... GRRRRRRRR!!! never to be seen or heard from again.....

So Thank you WDWFAN for the memories...... Wink
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a summer I was a status lead at Dueling Dragons at Islands of Adventure (that job stunk by the way). The coolest thing we ever had to stop the ride for was someone lost their prosthetic leg! The sign clearly says, if you have prosthesis either take it off or don't ride. So, I was on my break and my girlfriend (now my fiancee), who was the other lead on duty, was like this guy just came hobbling over and was like "Hey, um I just lost my leg."

Normally, we don't stop the ride during the day, but this was kind of an emergency. Here's the thing, we never found it! It either ended up in the lagoon underneath Ice or he was BS'ing us.

So yeah, that kinda stunk. The only highlight of working Dragons was the view from the lifthill. Oh, and all the really cool Oakley's/Ray Bans we'd find. Cuz, at Universal most employees keep that stuff. Sorry.
jasonflz
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahosifatz wrote:
For a summer I was a status lead at Dueling Dragons at Islands of Adventure (that job stunk by the way). The coolest thing we ever had to stop the ride for was someone lost their prosthetic leg! The sign clearly says, if you have prosthesis either take it off or don't ride. So, I was on my break and my girlfriend (now my fiancee), who was the other lead on duty, was like this guy just came hobbling over and was like "Hey, um I just lost my leg."

Normally, we don't stop the ride during the day, but this was kind of an emergency. Here's the thing, we never found it! It either ended up in the lagoon underneath Ice or he was BS'ing us.

So yeah, that kinda stunk. The only highlight of working Dragons was the view from the lifthill. Oh, and all the really cool Oakley's/Ray Bans we'd find. Cuz, at Universal most employees keep that stuff. Sorry.

Laughing Of all the crazy things to happen that sure beats them all.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the work going on with the Space Mountain, the TTA has been closed and undergoing some TLC of its own (about time!). The TTA was scheduled to reopen on 8/25/09, but apparently it has been delayed a little longer. This can only be good news!

No one has said what exactly is being done to the TTA, especially inside of Space Mountain. But new LED lights have been seen installed in the exterior track sections. And apparently these LEDs may have different colors, which would make riding it at night really cool!
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any idea how much longer it will be delayed. I'm hoping it opens up by the time we are down there in 19 days (YIPPY!), but this news makes it seem like it will not be the case Sad
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it is because they want to do MORE than they originally had planned.......
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daguru wrote:
But new LED lights have been seen installed in the exterior track sections. And apparently these LEDs may have different colors, which would make riding it at night really cool!

I've always enjoyed riding TTA at night a lot of fun, much like Splash & Thunder. Totally different feel. I can't wait to check out the update to TTA once it opens back up. Might have to head over for a sneak peek if it reopens more than a few days before my "official" trip! Very Happy
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTA is my favorite Tomorrowland attraction! They can make SOME changes, but don't alter the audio! That, to me, is what helps make it so great.

daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More goodies from WDWMagic. apparently TTA's opening has been pushed back further, this time until September 12 2009....

YIPPIE... GOOD NEWS!

Oh, remember those LED color changing lights I mentioned before? I know some sites were saying that there were not going to be color changing lights... well, guess who's right and who's wrong: TTA Color Changing Light Test
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daguru wrote:
More goodies from WDWMagic. apparently TTA's opening has been pushed back further, this time until September 12 2009....

Boooooo! I leave in 2 days and will be there only thru 9/8. I was really hoping it would be up and running already. Siiiiigh...oh well, guess I will have to wait till the next trip. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: