Haunted Mansion Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Walt Disney World no longer serving all-beef hot dogs

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Walt Disney World no longer serving all-beef hot dogs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Walt Disney World no longer serving all-beef hot dogs Reply with quote

Walt Disney World no longer serving all-beef hot dogs
Your dog will now have some cluck with the moo

Effective immediately -- though apparently not with any official announcement -- Walt Disney World restaurants no longer offer all-beef hot dogs. Instead they are serving weenies made with a mixture of beef and chicken.

I don't have an official comment yet, but one has to believe this is another cost-cutting measure. Remember when prime rib was removed from all buffet-service restaurants last year? The reason given at the time was that the small servings doled out on a buffet line were not conducive to total enjoyment of prime rib, which is meant to be eaten by the slab. I don't think this change can be spun that way, but we'll see.

In another WDW food and wine related note, master sommelier Michael Jordan is no longer with the company. Based in California but manager of wine sales and standards and wineeducator for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts worldwide, Jordan was the last remaining master sommelier with the company, which at one time had an aggressive program to educate its servers in all things wine. Walt Disney World laid off its master sommelier, John Blazon, earlier this year.

I don't have details of the separation, but I'm told there will be an attempt to replace Jordan with another master certified wine educator. Master sommelier is the pinnacle of certification from the Court of Master Sommeliers. There are currently only 100 people in North America with that designation.

Source: Scott Joseph FLOG; http://www.scottjosephorlando.com/news/78-scotts-news/576-walt-disney-world-no-longer-serving-all-beef-hot-dogs

YUCK!
mdegrand
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the???

This is really disappointing.
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hot dog news is a disappointment.

And laying off Jordan?! I guess we'll be breaking out the Boone's Farm & Bartle & Jaymes this year at F&W...
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicken hot dogs are disgusting. Pork and beef. That's what they should be made of. Preferably lips and snouts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: