Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Favorite Full-Service Dining?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Favorite Full-Service Dining?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swimasb
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Favorite Full-Service Dining? Reply with quote

Me and the family (2 parents, myself (17) and little brother (12)) are probably going to hit WDW sometime in October and since I have a job now, I agreed that I would help pay for it if we went to a Full-service restauraunt while we were there. However, never having beed to any of those, I haven't the slightest idea as to which one is worth the cash. So, I turn over this question to the amazing UAB community. Does anyone have a personal favorite? I'm open to all of property, parks, Downtown and resorts. Thanks for the help!

jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My absolute faves are California Grill and Narcossee, but they are a bit pricey for a large group.
Other great restaurants:
-Mitsukoshi - Japan in Epcot
-Le Cellier - Canada in Epcot
-Coral Reef - The Living Seas - Epcot
-50's Prime Time Diner - Hollywood Studios
-Mama Melrose - Hollywood Studios
-Brown Derby - Hollywood Studios
-Tony's Town Square Restaurant - Magic Kingdom
-Cape May (awesome buffet) - Yach & Beach Club
-Yachtsman's Steakhouse
-Jiko - Animal Kingdom Lodge

I have eaten at just about every restaurant at WDW (love those castmember discounts). Is there any specific you are looking for? Let me know.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaho's list is pretty good. I also like Liberty Tree Tavern (I prefer dinner over lunch, but both are good). O'Hana's at the Poly is good too. Sci-Fi in MGM...sorry...DHS is also fun and good, but 50's Prime Time is my overall favorite.

mdegrand
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artist Point is fantastic! Again, a little on the pricey side for larger groups. Allears.net has the menus if you want to get an idea for prices and what options are on the menu.
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokyo Dining - Japan at Epcot
Le Cellier - Canada at Epcot
Biergarten - Germany at Epcot
Jiko - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Paradiso 37 - Downtown Disney
Artist Point - Wilderness Lodge
Definitely check out the menus over at allears.net though. You can get ideas for current prices and menus. Some food items may not be as appealing for everyone in your party.
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We always wind up at the Biergarten in Germany. I also really like the Prime Time Cafe at DHS. I guess my attitude is that I can have a nice dinner anywhere, so when I'm at Disney, I want a nice dinner with a fun, entertaining atmosphere.
Alacrity
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Prime Time would be fun for a family or group. Sci-fi Diner would be OK. O'hana maybe too! My wife and I will be in the World in October and have 10 at O'hana one night. For a more romantic spot our fav is Bisto De Paris. We also like Artist Point. those list two are a little more costly. We also like hitting the bar next door to Artist Point (territory Lounge I think) for snacks.
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally didn’t care for Prime Time when I went years ago. I love the atmosphere of Sci-Fi though. It’s like being in an episode of MST3K! Now that’s my idea of fun!

Alacrity: Territory Lounge is correct. When Matt & I stopped in for drinks a couple weeks ago, they had a nice looking cheese platter. Decent assortment for a bar menu as well. I also like Tambu Lounge’s bread selection, which is right next to ‘Ohana. We never make it past the Tambu Lounge… Very Happy
swimasb
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody! Even though that plan fell flat on its face, and another plan fell through the financial hole, I came back and used your recommendations.
My mom is a personal trainer and is training one of her clients in exchange for a few nights in her timeshare. She didn't have the money to pay my mom, and we didn't have the money for a vacation, so this worked out nicely. As a thank you and an anniversary gift to both my parents, they have a reservation at Narcoossee's while we're down there and a gift card from me and my friends that are tagging along. I wouldn't've had any idea where to start if I hadn't had these recommendations! Thanks again!

pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite? That would probably be Jiko, since I've eaten there on every trip (four of them now, and a fifth coming up in November) and have always had a great meal. Although, I'm eating at California Grill for a second time on this upcoming trip, and I love it there, too. It's just expensive. Stay away from that one if you're paying!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: