Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Via Napoli, New Pizzeria at the Italy Pavilion

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Via Napoli, New Pizzeria at the Italy Pavilion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Via Napoli, New Pizzeria at the Italy Pavilion Reply with quote

You may have heard over the last few months about a new pizzeria being constructed at the Italy Pavilion, it is located beyond the back wall of the pavilion. Up until now, the name of the restaurant has not been released, but according to WDWNews.com the name of the restaurant will be Via Napoli.

As long as it is not the same pizza that is served virtually all over the property, I am all for it!
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the pizza quality at the parks. The resort pizza is a bit better. Epcot needs a good quality, wood fired pizzeria.
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmmmmmmmm Pizza!!! Eat
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they can get some one from Wooster street in New Haven to show them how to make pizza right.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
Maybe they can get some one from Wooster street in New Haven to show them how to make pizza right.

If you don't know the reference, wiki "Wooster Square".
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:

I vote NY Very Happy

I look forward to their $30 large and $50 "family" size pizzas... Shocked
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Disney Food Blog has a review of the Naples restaurant at DLR's DTD... this is a restaurant/pizzeria that is owned and operated by the same group, the Patina Group, that will own and run this one at Epcot. If the menu is the same or similar, looks like it could be a pretty good spot to eat: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/05/03/naples-review-is-this-what-we-can-expect-from-epcots-via-napoli/#more-12075
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmph...overall, I must say my review of the restaurants the Patina group owns are not good. The food is fair--especially for the price they charge. There is variety and all that, but I'f I'm going to lay down good money, I want very good food.

Sad I was hoping it would be something great.

: )
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In AJ’s review, she stated that the pepperoni pizza they ordered for $17 would have been enough for a meal for two people. Considering it appears to be better tasting pizza than what they serve as pizza at other locations, that seems to be a good deal. A table service meal for one will cost around $12 in the parks for a sandwich with fries. You could even split an appetizer and a pizza for the cost of two individual sandwich/burger meals. Not bad if you’re in the mood for pizza.
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarah91182 wrote:
In AJ’s review, she stated that the pepperoni pizza they ordered for $17 would have been enough for a meal for two people. Considering it appears to be better tasting pizza than what they serve as pizza at other locations, that seems to be a good deal. A table service meal for one will cost around $12 in the parks for a sandwich with fries. You could even split an appetizer and a pizza for the cost of two individual sandwich/burger meals. Not bad if you’re in the mood for pizza.

The pizza I've eaten at Napolini/Naples at DTD at DLR is not bad...I would say it's about the same as going to California Pizza Kitchen. So definitely not that unique or tasty...the $17 size would be a small meal--a meal with a salad or something else. For $17 I could go to Storytellers at the Grand Californian and have bbq or a steak and feel like I'd had a much better meal overall--food-wise and atmosphere.

This one will be a hard sell for me since I've done the Patina group at DTD at DL a number of times and always left with negative feelings. It is VERY rare for me to go the 'burger and fries' route at the parks when there really are so many other wonderful options at the same price point.

The other thing that will keep me away from here is the WDW dining plan. With the dining plan meals are equalised. I def wouldn't use one of my sit down meals for a Patina group restaurant.

Ah well...in a weak moment I may stop for a slice (if they offer that at WDW) and do my own little comparison. There are just so many other really good options I'd rather take advantage of.

sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onecutemoose wrote:
Ah well...in a weak moment I may stop for a slice (if they offer that at WDW) and do my own little comparison. There are just so many other really good options I'd rather take advantage of.)

If you're looking for somewhat acceptable pizza, it has the potential to be a good option (I've never had CPK as per your comparison). I agree that there are many great restaurants around World Showcase at all different price points. I'm just glad they are expanding dining options and offering pizza that isn't the caliber Pizza Planet.
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarah91182 wrote:
I'm just glad they are expanding dining options and offering pizza that isn't the caliber Pizza Planet.

No argument there. Anything is better than Pizza Planet!!

daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More details regarding the new restaurant: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/06/09/epcot-via-napoli-menu-items-and-storyline/
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The official Disney Parks Blog has the official menu for the new restaurant (which is starting to be uncovered and finished): http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/07/via-napoli-opens-next-month-at-epcot/

Appetizers: Sicilian eggplant with olives and raisins; salad of lettuce, fagiolini (string beans), fennel and tomatoes; arancini (fried saffron risotto balls) with meat ragĂą, mozzarella and pomodoro sauce; corn-crusted fried calamari; and minestrone with basil pesto. Or share a plate of arancini, mozzarella, calamari, portobella mushrooms, asparagus, zucchini and carciofi (artichokes).

Main course salads: Manzo (filet of beef) with greens, red onion, gorgonzola, apple and cucumber with a red wine-mustard vinaigrette; chopped salad with lemon chicken, greens, cantaloupe, cucumber, red pepper, green beans, onions, almonds and pasta crisps with honey-citrus vinaigrette; calamari with arugula, carrots and fennel with orange vinaigrette.

Pastas: candele (long, tube-shaped pasta) with sausage ragĂą; linguine with seafood; malfadine (ribbon pasta) with guanciale (unsmoked Italian bacon) and pomodoro sauce; lasagna verde.

Piatti alla Parmigiana: (dishes topped with Parmesan and mozzarella gratinée): veal, chicken and eggplant.

Wood-fired pizzas: made with caputo flour imported from Southern Italy, San Marzano tomatoes, handmade mozzarella and water from a local spring just like in Italy’s Campania region – 10-inch, 20-inch or 1/2 meter to share: a dozen choices, from a simple pizza Margherita with tomato, mozzarella and basil to carciofi with artichoke, potato, pecorino cheese, prosciutto and cantaloupe.

Sweets: tiramisĂą, zeppole di ricotta (ricotta cheese-fried dough, whipped cream and chocolate sauce); apple cake with almond sorbetti; gelatie; and vanilla gelato with almond cookies and amarena cherries.

CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarah91182 wrote:
WDWFan wrote:

I vote NY Very Happy

I look forward to their $30 large and $50 "family" size pizzas... Shocked

Go New Haven!!! http://pepespizzeria.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: