Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Iron Man 2

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Iron Man 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Iron Man 2 Reply with quote

So I don't know if anyone else has seen this yet, but besides now being a psuedo-Disney movie, there is a huge Disney influence in a few moments that just made me geek out. I don't want to be spoil it for anyone, so stop reading now if you don't want to be surprised...

Okay, so there are references to the 1964 Worlds Fair, "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" and even Epcot. John Slattery does his best Walt Disney impersonation in a clip from the early 1970s presenting a worlds fair. Disney-esque posters hang in the background of the clip as well as mention of a community of tomorrow. There is also a catchy theme song that plays shortly in the movie, but completely in the credits. It was very very close to a mix of "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" and "Here's The Future" and the word 'horizons' is thrown around a few times too. It sounded so close to a real thing I needed to know who wrote it. And of course, they went right to the source and got Richard Sherman to write the song as I found out siting through the rest of the credits for the button at the very end that they had to put in about another certain Marvel hero showing up soon. So if you like comic book movies, go enjoy the movie. And if you want some great Disney references, then you should certainly go.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went to see it last night and LOVED IT!

I enjoyed listening to the people around us geeking out, then myself geeking out over the EXPLICIT Disney references. We, too, stayed to the end (we always stay to the end) and saw Mr. Sherman in the credits and it all made sense. Then the end scene was AWESOME.

I agree, if you liked the first Iron Man, if you like comic books, and if you like Old Time Disney, then GO SEE THIS MOVIE!

eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was totally geeking out over the Disney and Comic references. Enjoyed the movie alot.
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the movie last night - LOVED it! We saw it at the IMAX theatre.

Even my husband (who thinks I'm a big Disney geek) caught all the Disney references, too!

Great fun Cool
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to get the chance to see this this weekend.

Loved the first one hope this one is as good.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope to see it this weekend...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: