Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Disney looking to restart Gargoyles?!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Disney looking to restart Gargoyles?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Disney looking to restart Gargoyles?! Reply with quote

Disney developing gargoyles project
With “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice” opening Wednesday, Disney is staying on the magic path with an untitled gargoyles project.

The studio is in the process of hiring Zoe Green to develop a story revolving around the stone creatures for a feature project being produced by Lauren Shuler Donner and Jack Leslie via the Donners’ Co.
The project seeks to build a mythology around the carvings, originally designed in medieval times to act as spouts but later took on roles as powerful symbols to ward off or attract evil. The story is being developed, but it is known to be set in modern times.

Repped by UTA and Energy Entertainment, Green has carved a little space for herself in the fantasy field. She wrote “Tigress,” which Stan Lee’s POWcq Entertainment is producing for Disney, and sold a fantasy project titled “Book of Shadows” for Castle Rock as a directing vehicle for Rob Reiner.
She also was hired to adapt the Neal Stephenson novel “The Diamond Age” for George Clooney’s Smoke House and Syfy.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter; http://heatvision.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/07/disney-developing-gargoyles-project.html

Never got into the series, but I know there were a lot of people who liked it...
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Gargoyles! I wonder if this will be a continuation of their story, or some other gargoyle mythology altogether? I'd love to see more from the original storyline.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could make them super heroes and place them on the Disney XD when they are done...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: