Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - World of Color

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

World of Color

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How did you feel about the live ustream coverage of the World of Color World Premiere?
I loved it! The coverage of the show was great.
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
It was ok. I felt that it didn't quite capture the spirit of the show.
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
I didn't like it. Coverage was mediocre at best.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I didn't watch it.
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 11

allisonwonderland
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: World of Color Reply with quote

I am sure by now that many of you have seen the pictures, updates and news casts about the new show at Disney California Adventure. Some of you probably even tuned in to the live video on ustream so that you could watch the world premiere.

If you couldn't figure out from watching the preview, this show is epic.

I have seen it twice already and it only seems to get better as you notice the little things you missed the previous time. World of Color is just the next step in providing many new offerings at the Disneyland Resort.

I am sure it has been said elsewhere, but the important things to know about trying to see the show are:

*Get there early:
If you are planning on camping out, go for it and expect to not be the only one. In my onpinion, the best seats are in the Fastpass return section in Paradise Park. However, Fastpasses go fast, just as they do for the most popular attractions. They will run out, so try to go first thing in the morning to secure yourself a spot.

*Get a Fastpass:
There are food offerings that allow to you obtain one with your meal or you can pick them up at the Grizzly River Run Fastpass location. Either way, the best place by far to see the show is from the Fastpass seating area.

*You WILL GET WET:
Unlike during Fantasmic!, the front row is not really the best. The scope of this show is really huge and securing a seat in the second and even third tear of the Fastpass section is the best view. That being said, if you are seated in the front "boardwalk" section, you will get wet. I am not just talking slightly misted, I am talking you just got out of the shower and your hair is stringy and you mascara is running wet. Don't leave your camera or delicate items out in the open.

The music is fantastic, the display is beautiful and even when I watched the premiere from the boardwalk section, I found myself giving in to being soaked. There was one point that everyone in the section would scream as the large fans and water spouts shot water so high that we knew it would be raining on us shortly. After a few minutes, we all gave up on cringing and embraced our fate. By the time the "A Whole New World section took over, the crowd in front was just laughing so hard we almost cried. I found myself lost in the euphoria of another epic experience that only Disney has provided for me for so many years.

Although I have yet to experience the show as a regular day guest, I have no doubt that the cast members are working their hardest to make the chaos of the first weekend as calm an experience possible. If you plan on going within the first few weeks, bring your patience with you. Smile

I hope you all get a chance to see and enjoy this show sooner, rather than later.
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose there's no real way to capture something this HUGE in a broadcast. It certainly does look spectacular, and I can't wait to see it in person!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I knew it was being streamed, but I didn't want to watch it. I'd rather see it and hear it for the first time when I'm out there around this time next year. I'll be taking out my headphones when the track comes on from now until then.
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can hardly wait...it's most likely I'll do a dining option that includes the fastpass...or however it will be working in December. I don't think I'll be able to catch it prior to my December trip.

Just seeing some of the tests and such, I can only imagine the scale...and even then I think i'll be blown away!

: )
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt and I briefly discussed doing the dinner option as well, but we'll most likely go with the picnic since we'll only have one day there (and our wonderful direct flight with continental was dropped so now we arrive two hours later than before Crying or Very sad )
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already read that this show is easier to "change" so they could do things seasonally etc. That is very cool if it is in fact a truth.

: )
Wizzard419
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed it must not be too impossible to make changes to the show. Check out the testing for elecTRONica's variant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32PBnZqs-mw
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: