Expedition Everest Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Any "Secret" Places for Viewing World of Color?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Any "Secret" Places for Viewing World of Color?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Any "Secret" Places for Viewing World of Color? Reply with quote

Hey, all! We will be heading out to California in a little more than a month and a half, and during that time will be spending a few weekdays touring the parks out there. Just wondering if any of you locals or kind-of locals know of any good places to view World of Color that might not be so claustrophobic and sweaty. You know, maybe a partially secluded overlook somewhere or something like that.

We are going to hit up the 10 PM show after dinner, and I have no interest in queuing up for one and a half to two hours to make sure I have an awesome spot. If we have to squeeze our way into the crowd somewhere, I'll deal with it, but I figured I'd ask around here a bit to see if there was any particular spot for which we should make a beeline.

Also, any advice on spots we should avoid at all costs would be appreciated, as well. I hear that the viewing angles aren't all as good as they were intended to be.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a local but we have experienced the show.

We did the dining plan thingy. You make a dining reservation specifically for that show and time at one of the specific restaurants and you get a voucher for a special viewing place. You can dine at any time, but you need to request the time of the show you want to attend.

Contact Disney Dining and they can help you get it all squared away.

Aside from that, I don't know of any place where you'll be able to see the show and it not be crowded. It's VERY popular.

Maybe a more frequent visitor can give a better day of the week to attend???

Wizzard419
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated above, if you want an empty area do the dining thing. There really are no good vantage points other than the assigned seating areas, unless you want to break the law and all/get a room with a view of the show and play a recording of the audio.

For me, when I saw it I wasn't as cramped because I took a corner in my viewing area so I had 2 sides of unhampered space. I also am a local so all I did was show up in the morning, get my ticket then went home and did other stuff before coming back for the show. Very Happy
Eleebob7
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STRONGLY suggest doing dining plan since you're from out of town. That way you can spend your precious time going on rides instead of waiting in line for a fast pass then waiting in line again for a good seat. When I first went, the fastpass line was ~2 hours and then another 3 hours to wait in line before the show!

The picnic lunches I think seem to be a pretty decent setup. You get a re-usable bag out of it too for every 4 meals you order and they're "only" $14.99. I did the Ariel's Grotto thing twice and I liked it. A little on the pricey side but well worth it since the food was good and it is a great area to just relax.
napabeth
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're AP holders and have seen the show several times. There's really no bad place to see the show - unless the moron 6" infront of you puts their kid on his shoulders - but that's another issue. Anyways, we prefer to not go too deep into the crowd. We show up right before the show - watch from the top, near the bridge to Ariel's Grotto - and then we're some of the first ones out. That's our strategy. Have always seen the show just fine. Once we were able to "meet" the master controller of the show, as the tunnel to the control booth is in the back. Just an added bonus.
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like I should respond to this to say that when we went last June, we got Fast Passes for the later show with no issue at all and ended up not even using them because we found great standing spots in front of the Little Mermaid ride for the first show.

We ended up hiding our Fast Passes and leaving clues to where they were hidden on the MouseWait app's community forums so that some other people in the park could use them.

Our Premium Passports are going to expire in late June, and we plan on taking one more trip to Disneyland in early June. We're hoping that the rumors we're hearing of a soft opening for pass holders for Cars Land at California Adventure are true. We should be there right in the thick of that!
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ocm & I did a priority seating and had good "standing" spots not too close but not too terribly crowded - and have since caught portions by just walking by on the bridge to the boardwalk and Toy Story mania - but Pug - please keep me up on if there is a "soft opening" for APs for Cars Land - I will drag ocmspa with me if I have to since she seems to be unavailable - lol -
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCM is "unavailable"---she did a little too much travel last year and is FLAT BROKE!. I have to say the viewing from the bridge was good…better almost better than what we had waited for. You can't stand there and wait for the show (as far as I know), but no one made us leave as we watched a portion of it.

: )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: