Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Brave

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Brave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Brave Reply with quote

Ok, again, no one is talking about this one...

We went to see it last night and enjoyed it. They told a nice story, although it seems like stories that have been told before.

Animation was great, the characters were good and it had its funny moments. But it seemed to retell other stories/movies and it wasn't all that "new". But it was good and we did enjoy it.

brendafitz24
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We saw it too. I agree - nice story, good animation but not a new story. But - is it supposed to be a new story? I think the intended audience is little kids although Disney does a great job at making it appealing to adults. Having a five year old, I have learned that repetition is how little kids learn. Maybe that is Disney's excuse for less originality Smile
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen it yet - hope to s0on - wanted to take Pickle (6) but Berz thought better so will have to caatch it with Buckeroo and Punky Girl when I get back to the Berg - since we met Merida at DL recently and have read 2 of the books from Emporium anxious to see how it all plays together Smile
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to see this later this week. I'm looking forward to it. Since it is a Disney story--& a princess story, I'm not expecting a whole lot "new", just some fun new characters, jokes and escapades…I'll see if it lives up to that!

: )
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted an opinion piece for Brave over on our blog.

http://hyperionpapers.com/2012/06/23/the-bear-and-the-bow/#more-136

It's a little film back story, a little review and a little rambling about the state of Pixar animation. I'd type a synopsis here, but it's easier just to link the whole thing.
UncleDick
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, pug. I haven't seen Brave yet, but after reading your take on it I feel like I should. Seems like Pixar's been in a bit of a rut since Up (which is wonderful), relyng on sequels and well-worn formulae rather than bringing new innovation to the animated medium.

As a fan of the original TRON and the 8-bit era of console gaming, I think Wreck-It Ralph looks awesome. I hope it turns out well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: