Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Why Animal Kingdom Is a Failure

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Why Animal Kingdom Is a Failure
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAK is exactly that..a work in progress...Everyone says its a half day park...Which I dont find to be true at all...Most people are just looking to zip from attraction to attraction which is a shame because there's some really entertaining factors of Animal Kingdom. Apparently its catching on (besides everest) because 2 weeks ago, it was ABSOLUTELY a MAD house...which was a pleasant surprise....I'm not one to mind crowds terribly.

Everest of course brings its own specific group of guests but I think Everest was the catalyst that opened up peoples eyes. Through the use of Fastpass and general waiting...not to mention popularity, Everest has subconsciously forced guests to open up their eyes and take a larger look at Animal Kingdom. 2 weeks ago I experienced the Flights of Fantasy aviary show. Having worked with Birds of prey (hawks, owls, vultures etc) in the past I had preconceived notions about being "lectured" on behavior. I'm really glad I did this...and I'll most likely do it on my successive trips.

Think about this.

How many of you go to Rafiki's Planet watch and see all that's there?

How many of you take in all of Africa and not just get to Killamanjaro Safari?

How many of you have seen the "Living Vine" and actually stopped to be entertained".

How many of you have drummed with the african drummers?

Ever talk back to a talking tree?

I still hold to my claim that there arent enough hours in the day to do AK. If all you want is rides, then you're missing a lot of the draw and storytelling of animal kingdom. To bad we're so rapped up in a society of express convenience. People are always complaining that there's bad storytelling in todays entertainment media whether it be Animation, Live Action, themeparks, or whatever...which in SOME cases is true. I do however reserve that people are no longer taking IN the story in many cases. They want the sensory stimulation...not the mental...and unfortunately its sad.
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone does go by the labs at Rafiki's Plant watch, I replaced all of those computers a few years ago....

Oh, and the computers that are viewable in the wardrobe dept on the Backlot Tour (MGM)....

uh, wait, I don't think we were talking about me were we.... oh yeah, right, DAK...

great park! Bucky
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a must for us when we go to WDW.
After going to AK about two dozen times we might get through
it is about five hours but we still love it so we stay most of the
day. Smile
We are looking foward to getting back in January so we can ride
Expidition Everest for the first time. Very Happy
But we will miss the Tarzan show. Sad
I think one of the things about AK is you have to like animals as well
as the rides and shows to really get into this park.
We go back every trip. Very Happy
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep telling myself that I want to spend more time there on other than the most popular attractions. I have been to Planet Watch, but have never really explored other areas of the park less frequently visited.
wildcatterasst
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Animal Kingdom is growng by leaps and bounds now. With the opening of Expedition Everest and Finding Nemo: The Musical, the park is now pulling in record breaking attendance numbers. There is a table service resturant opening sometme this year. There were a few good points made in the article, but a few of the points he uses to discredit the park simply aren't true. The upholsterd safari seats are made out of foam, not animal hyde and the animal preservation exhibits he is refering to when he talks about Flame Tree Barbcue are taling about eating wild and endangered animals, like gorillas. The safari is undergoing a refurb at this very moment, it will have a new storyline and a 9th row on all the trucks (to deal with overwhelming crowds) by summer, we'll have to see how that goes. I think the park is finally beginning to develop and grow and we are finally seeing its true potential.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the post on the highest admissions for amusement parks for 2006 should of killed the thought of AK being a failure. One of the top 7 is pretty darn good.

They still have to replace Chester and Hester's game are, but otherwise, I think AK is evolving into a great part.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Hester's & Chester's is going away any time soon....
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.

Much to my personal sorrow. I feel it cheapens the park.
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely - Hester & Chester are completely out of place and should be removed!
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the rides and theming, but the games gotta go. Add another attrraction there. Hardly anyone plays the games anyway.

WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could settle for that...
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chester's & Hester's is ProtoParadisePier. Very Happy
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAK is really starting to rise out of the ground. Now with Everest open, more people are walking through the turnstyles now. Also, DAK still has MUCH more land to build new attractions. After all, that theme park attendence article says DAK is #5 in the USA. That was impressive in my opinion.

Also, I think its terribly underrated. The detail in DAK is amazing!!! I feel like I'm really walking through a jungle. And a cloudy in Orlando; you can't tell if you're in WDW or in the jungle! Shocked Confused
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, Now I kind of enjoy Animal Kingdom and look forward to it. My favorite? Not sure, but I find it fasinating, Peaceful, rather than the other parks are. Kind of like a vacation day in the middle of a vacation.

They really need to bring back that boat ride though...Lazy bums...if it is not working you do not throw it out....you FIX it...

And yes, get rid of that stupid Midway. Hesters gas station was streching it enough before they went hog wild with "cheap and cheesy".

Can they save the three rides though? Find a way to retheme them into dinosaurs instead of kitch?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: