Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Christmas at WDW

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Christmas at WDW
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trekty
Airport Information Representative

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Christmas at WDW Reply with quote

Hi all! I'd like to "pick your brains" my family and I are going to WDW just before Christmas (1st time for a Christmas trip Smile ) and I am wondering what are some must do's. I do know that we are not shelling out the extra $$ for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (and I'm okay with that.) I was just wondering what your thoughts are on things we should not miss out on. (BTW all 4 of us are adults)

Thanks for your help! Sparkle Tink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some must do's:

Country Bear Christmas Show - Very fun
Check out ALL the deluxe resorts - They all look so darn nice during the holidays.
Osborne Family Light Spectacular - just awesome!
Check out the different Christmas Stories told at the different pavillions at Epcot World Showcase. They are very entertaining.

ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have your own transportation, I recommend going to the various resorts and checking out the holiday decorations, especially the gingerbread/sugar ones.

Beach club has a carousel, Boardwalk has an amusement park, Grand Flo has a huge gingerbread house. We also saw a scale size Poly at the Poly.

Four adults can also do the carriage ride at Wilderness Lodge. The usual carriage gets a sleigh overlay. Call the WDW-PLAY number to make a reservation. You can bring a beverage of your choice with you. It was quite cold when we did it last year, so we took hot chocolate with us. But wine is also allowed.

PrincessMo123
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

WE go this time every year, actually getting married there on December 7th this year.

Anyways, I know you aren't shelling out the money for the mickey's very merry christmas party but if you ever get the chance, i think you will enjoy it. The Christmas parade, to me, is worth every penny. There are special christmas shows and 1 actually starts before the party begins and one starts right as it is supposed to end. So, you almost get more for the money if you play it right.

There is the candlelight processional @ EPCOT, and also at EPCOT the Tree lighting ceremony & Santa's around the world. The Santa's I actually will get to do this year. Never done them but have seen some walking around. Also @ EPCOT, in the World Showcase the Characters on Parade come in a big trolley bus and have Christmas Garb on and will sing & dance and be available for pics afterward.

MGM Studios has the osborne lights back on the streets of america (old new york street). These are fantastic. They also have all the cars in the parade made up beautifully for Christmas.

These are just some ideas. Animal Kingdom now has the jammin jingle parade which i am so excited to see.

Also, i agree with these other folks. Go to see the deluxe resorts. Fantastic decorations.

Have A Disney Day Everyone!! Bouncing Ezra
trekty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the ideas, please keep them coming! Thanks Rita for the photos, those look great!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And only available during the holidays is the Yuletide Fantasy Tour. APs get a 15% discount, and I believe that one Annual Passholder can bring three (non-AP) guests at the AP rate.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Head over to EPCOT for some great Christmas bands and "Lights of Winter".

Cast in Bronze has played regularly in past years. If they're still there, I'd catch a show or 2.

-tE
PrincessMo123
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, can someone please tell me what the yuletide fantasy tour is? and how much?

Thanks!!
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically the Yuletide Fantasy tour is a "backstagesque" tour showcasing how the resort "does its thing" during the holiday festivities. For the sake of time, as I need to be leaving here in a moment, Mouseplanet had printed up a review and detailed explanation of the entire thing.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm041215ar.htm
PrincessMo123
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, thanks you theEpiphany. I appreciate that so much. Everyone on here has been wonderful!!

Sounds so interesting!

Have A Disney Day Everyone!!!
ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few more pictures from last year:

Edible decorations from Animal Kingdom Lodge:

Non-edible decorations at the Yacht & Beach Club

Another picture of some of Boardwalk's edible decorations:

(That's Santa on the rollercoaster)

Even Downtown Disney gets into the act with their specially themed tree:

ciciwoowoo
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We usually go in December, and I agree with everyone here...Its a lot of fun to go to the hotels and see the decorations. They are amazing! I love the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. You can do a dinner package with it, and you don't have to wait in this huge line for a seat. The Osborne Lights at MGM are breathtaking. The first time I saw them, I actually had tears in my eyes! Its fun to be there when they flip the switch at night. They have a little ceremony and then it starts to snow! Its helpful to be there a bit early, the crowds are insane! But it is really worth it, so don't let that scare you!

I liked the Xmas party at the Magic Kingdom, but the Halloween one is much better. Its a good time to catch up on rides with very short lines. Don't forget to stand in line and get your pictures taken. Ours always turn out very nice. Make sure to wear Xmas wear! Cute Christmas hats are a must for a great pic! Oh, and don't ride Splash Mountain until after you had your picture taken. Smile

Have a great time!
Sweetums
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that visiting the resorts (especially for dinners) is a fantastic idea. -But the resort you cannot afford to miss is the Fort Wilderness Lodge resort! Of course, I'm a little biased because it's my favorite, but it truly is unlike any other. The atmosphere is perfect, the food is the best I've ever had (Artist's Point -make a reservation, you won't be disappointed) and the christmas tree & decorations are top notch. I can, and have spent entire evenings in the resort lobby areas having drinks and talking with friends. It was the ultimate hangout. -Be sure to check out the personal fireplaces on the 3rd and 4th levels of the lobby right over the front doors. Not too many people know about them, and even fewer who do actually spend time relaxing in front of them. (It was the perfect place to end a date!)
Here's a pic of the magnificent lobby during Christmas.

Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!! That is beautiful! i;'m a sucker for wilderness stuf and that just makes my heart happy looking at it! ong live christmas-time!!!

: )
dtrippie
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm leaving Wednesday for the world and chose to spend that first 1/2 day mini-golfing at the Winter Summerland mini golf course by Blizzard Beach. The themeing is all about the holidays so I figured it would be an inventive way to start the vacation off!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: