Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - 4 Seasons Hotel

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

4 Seasons Hotel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: 4 Seasons Hotel Reply with quote

Have you all heard of this? Absolutely horrible.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be on the outskirts of the property, not actually ON property. They are going to convert the Ospry Ridge Golf Course to the 4 Seasons.

Why is this horrible?

Disney3xJC
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a story attached to this that I'm missing? I haven't heard anything about this yet. What's the deal?
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ospry Ridge and Eagle Pine will both be absorbed by 4 Seasons, and that is right behind Ft. Wilderness. There is something else going up on the Western side as well. Whatever happened to Disney making their own hotels? If I wanted such diversity, I'd go to Vegas.

Here's the story:
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8NJI7300.htm
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the article from The Orlando Sentinel

onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....I've been thinking on this a little and i guess that it can easily be seent that Disney is working on some of their own resort hotels and putting a lot into DVC right now. If they need more rooms...I'd rather see them contract out some (within their good neighbor guidelines) and put in 100% when another resort hotel is built.

I dunno...it would be gret if it could be all disney all the time...but I'd also expect that level of quality. that requires a little bit-o-cash.

: )
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get the link to open... Is this on the WDW property or outside the Disney property?
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all going to be on Disney property. If you can't open the above links, just google Disney and 4 Seasons. That should bring you to an article.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on that, I'd say I'm against. The land was bought for Disney to develop. Not to parcel off to the highest bidder.

I also question the business model of allowing competitors closer to your source.
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think it has to be that bad...according to what i read, this would be a *golf* resort, so i'm assuming the 'green' qualities of the area will remain pretty much intact.
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem exists on many levels:

a) Eagle Pines and Osprey Ridge are two fantastic old school courses. To make these 4 Season's course will no doubt crowd them and raise the already high greens fees.

b) There is absolutely no reason Disney needs to let chained hotels come in. It just illustrates that Disney is not concerned with retaining any credabilty it has with regards to being a creative front runner in resort design.
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahosifatz wrote:
It's all going to be on Disney property. If you can't open the above links, just google Disney and 4 Seasons. That should bring you to an article.

Check out the OrSen article DP posted...it states "a luxury resort and golf course community in Bonnet Creek and a mixed-use commercial center for "value-conscious" guests just outside the western edge of its property."

Disney is still left withh five other courses....and it seems though Osprey ridge will be under their name they are building another course as well??? If there are more holes to redistribute demand, it would seem te prices would not go up.

I dunno....Bonnet Creek is pretty tucked away, I think and as AD said....golf and green just sort of go together.

: )
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is the4 Seasons will be owning Osprey Ridge and building another course. You honestly think that 4 Seasons golf is going to cost the same as Disney? I wish that was the truth, but I highly doubt it.

By the by I am all for more golf courses at Disney, they are quite packed these days, however I am completely against the institution of outside chains being situated among Disney property. Although Disney is quite the master of licensing its name and growing partnerships with other companies, I feel this just another step in separating the rich (Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge), and the not so rich (All-Stars, Pop Centuries). I don't mean to offend anyone that reads this, but you have to see a little bit what I am talking about.
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it takes away Disney's own products or Disney owned hotels, but remember, isn't the WDW Swan and Dolphin not owned by Disney?
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Swan and Dolphan are now owned by Starwood. It's a shame those hotels were built as they ruined Epcot's skyline. It just seems to me, the magic is slowly being strangled out of Disney World. Orlando's becoming the new Branson, anchored by Disney's poor decisions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: