Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - [b]It is Confirmed. Haunted Mansion Refurb is a GO!!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

[b]It is Confirmed. Haunted Mansion Refurb is a GO!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder how they would do that... Have to be with either a very fast shutter speed or digital... The ghosts there are notoriously afraid of flashes. So it would have to flashless, or they would have to recreate it on the picture via computer... Alternate the background picture of the ghost, and then superimpose the guests.

Regardless.... would be neat
penguin
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is about time. We were just there in November, and you couldn't hear most of the tracks. They were jittery and randomly stop for a few seconds.

This is my favorite attraction, but it is due to be updated.

We will be there at the end of September, so I am excited that I will get to see the new and improved HH.
Disney3xJC
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to check this week with a good friend of mine who is an Imagineer and see if he can give some insight to what is actually scheduled in this rehab. Do we really need another attraction to have your picture taken? I sure hope not.
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this confirmed from Screamscape:

"Unfortunately for the Haunted Mansion, it looks like the cost cutters may have won out again while John Lasseter is busy focusing on Disneyland’s new attractions.
Local spies tell us that while the Haunted Mansion will be closed for virtually the entire summer season, most of the upgrades and rehabs approved in the budget will make this a mostly “technical” upgrade to the attractions audio and lighting systems due to the poor state of the existing systems. Most of the scenic and themed improvements have been cut from the budget including some kind of huge new addition planned for the graveyard. The plans to rebuild a completely new entrance queue and exit area has also been canned in favor of a more budget conscious expansion to just the exit. The good news is that I’m told the ballroom scene will look great when the ride reopens because the plan to refurbish and replace much of the scene did manage to survive the budget cuts. Now if only someone could get Lasseter out of the Sub Lagoon in California long enough to take a look at what’s really going on in Florida, maybe there is still time to add a few more enhancement dollars to the Mansion. "
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...rumors...rumors...rumors...

heh

: )
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think just doing the audio and tech stuff is fine. It is SORELY needed.
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the audio has been screaming its little monaural heart out for help over the past gazillion years.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they kinda used to have an exit shop when they had Leota's cart.

The spiders could definitely go, though. When I was in DL over the weekend, I liked the more concise ride and the new attic. I do like the piano scene in WDW, however.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
swarlock
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daguru wrote:
GrumpyDaddy wrote:
Well I hope they fix this ride. Smile
Everytime I ride it a Ghost gets in my Doombuggy and follows
me home. Wink

Look foward to seeing what changes and or modifacations they make.

Actually, there is a rumor about them adding a in-ride photo/photopass of you and your hitchhiking ghosts.... that would be pretty cool!

Oh that would totally ruin it for me. Ghosts are sensitive to light in there. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: