Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Back to the Future

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Back to the Future
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Concourse Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have vague recollections from 93 of it being Flintstones as well...
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, the motion simulator, that has changed a few times also... the most recent incarntion is Jimmy Newtron... that chicken dance is killler on a stomach, especially for those of us who are slightly larger than normal Smile
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think BttF was running when the park first opened... Park opened in 1990 and I believe BTTF opened in 1991... I could be a little off on my dates....

But once it was open, it became the "premier" attraction for the park.... was one of the most popular and beloved until it was taken out back behind a sound stage and beaten over the head with a shovel.....
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, BTTF was in '91. My brother, who was in Marketing at USF at the time, got me all this cool crap Christopher Lloyd left after the opening. Does anyone remember the giant countdown clock outside the facade counting down the days until it opened?
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that clock very well...Big Digital black and yellow countdown clock.

Man that seems like yesterday yet it's been what....16 years?
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who are interested, the BTTF ride at US Hollywood is still open... at least until August 2

Universal is planning a Closure Countdown Party on August 2, where they will be giving away a free Delorean to one of the lucky final riders...

BTTF.com has more info
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went to Universal ONCE!!!!!! It was 1993.

Jaws was down, Kongforntation was a 45 minute wait for a 2 minute ride, Earthquake was just okay compared to Catastrophe Canyon, and the Beetlejuice Review really stunk.

BTTF was very good, the ET ride was good, although ET had trouble with some of the Japanese names at the end, Ghost Buster show was good, Flintstone ride was fun. My youngest, 11 at the time, liked the Green Slime fountain.

After that trip I was never in a hurry to go back. Will probably go in October becasue my grandson likes Dora.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time we went in the ET ride mine was the first name they had to ADD this was during soft opening of the park

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks. As most everyone knows by now BTTF will become The Simpsons ride next year, hopefully. It will also be at both parks on both coasts and probably overseas as well, (Terra Aventura in Spain and others). I personally liked BTTF when it was open; it was a different kind of simulator ride than Star Tours and seemed to offer a little bit more when it came to the overall theming. The live CMs doing their own schtick during the pre-show was priceless and lent alot of enthusiasm to the overall experience. BTTF will be missed. Later, peace.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figmentathm wrote:
We went to Universal ONCE!!!!!! It was 1993.

Jaws was down, Kongforntation was a 45 minute wait for a 2 minute ride, Earthquake was just okay compared to Catastrophe Canyon, and the Beetlejuice Review really stunk.

BTTF was very good, the ET ride was good, although ET had trouble with some of the Japanese names at the end, Ghost Buster show was good, Flintstone ride was fun. My youngest, 11 at the time, liked the Green Slime fountain.

After that trip I was never in a hurry to go back. Will probably go in October becasue my grandson likes Dora.

That pretty much matches my experience. All the rides were down or the few that worked had huge lines. Only thing I will say about Universal. Folks are at least willing to let the m change things, and they actually do try and replace rides with better rides, not like the Tiki fiasco in Florida.
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really loved it when it was somewhat new, last time I rode it a couple of years ago or so, it was getting really rough. It hurt the neck due to the rough jerking around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Concourse Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: