Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Going while expecting

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Going while expecting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Going while expecting Reply with quote

So as some of you may know, my wife and I are expecting our first child in October. Bouncing Mickey

To make life even more exciting, we are going to WDW at the end of the month (23 Days 23 Hrs 21 Mins 32 Secs, but whose counting) . Has anyone been down there when either they, or someone they were with was expecting? Any words of advice or pointers that you found that worked for you? I mean besides loading up on great baby clothes and toys and stuffed animals (which I'm sure we will be doing).

She will be around 21 weeks when we are down there.

On a side note, in the picture from the first sonogram, there were these suspicious large round ears on the side of its head. Hmmm....I wonder....?
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about her. Keep her comfortable and cool. Pool visits, naps at the resort, sit down meals, etc are important. What ever she wants, she gets. Lots of fluids and small meals throughout the day will also help.

And ANYTHING you see that is baby related, you need! Smile

JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly will be taking this all under advisement. I have no problem heading back to the hotel and jumping in the pool for part of the day. And I'm all about the small meals and eating when she does, as I have already begun putting on the sympathy pounds. I think we both can forgot about fitting in our favorite bathing suites this summer...
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just go at her pace.

I went to DL when my DW was pregnent with our daughter.

I think she was about 6 months along. She kept going just about all
day with some rest breaks here and there.
Just let her set the pace and enjoy the ride. Smile
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the number of pregnant women at the parks has increased a lot the last few years.... surprisingly....

What is really surprising is seeing them walking around all day during the summer.... I have troubles doing that....
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh. so the secret to becoming Tsar of the Vacation and Autocrat of all Resorts is to get preggers.

*takes copious notes*
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, aprildecember! Who knew?!?!

And I'm with you daguru. What's going to kill me though, when we want to sit and rest and right in front of us will be a stand selling turkey legs. Or Mickey head ice cream pops. Or curros.

Man, I need to go to the gym.
Sweetums
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good topic! -and some good ideas too. My wife is 13 weeks along now. I know we want to go back before she gives birth, but it may just come down to time & money and it won't happen. We'll have to see.
If we could, it would probably be more of a reunion with friends (cast members who are still there) seeing shows and eating at our favorite restaurants...y'know..."reliving the old days". We wouldn't spend too much time riding the rides. And even though she would be self concious about it, I'd definitely spend the money for a wheelchair rental. Save her aching feet & back, y'know? EPCOT has some of our most favorite things, but it's a LOT of walking.
There's my tip for ya! Wink
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the tips everyone.

We got back on Sat night. We had a great time, of course!

It really helped for the beginning of the week that we were down there with friends. So when we would all walk over to a ride that she couldn't go on, she would wait on the line with us if she could, or just wait outside and sit and rest, which she really needed. Yes, she was sad to not go on Splash Mt. Big Thunder, Space Mt., TOT & Rock N Roller Coaster, but she was okay with it.

By the end of the week, she was getting tired much more quickly. And since it was just the two of by then, there wasn't as much down time for her at the parks. But knowing this, we took breaks in the middle of each day to go back to the hotel and rest or jump in the pool for an hour or two. Always a good thing!

Overall, we had a great time in WDW. Especially since the next time we go, we will be getting autographs of all the characters for our kid and not for me!
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to read you had a great time.

Disney with your children is a totally different experience. I won't say better or worse as both are great for different reasons.

Best wishes for the rest of the wait... Becoming a Dad is one of the clearest and happiest memories I have. Each time it happened.
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, WDWfan.

I know I am really looking forward to becoming a dad. Only four more months to go!

I have to say, one of the best things about this past trip was that my wife and I were a little more tuned in to all the other parents and kids around. Normally we like to people watch and comment on kids and parents and the parenting we see going on (she's a teacher, after all. As are both our mothers.) But this time we really noticed a lot of good and a lot of not so good. Like at what point would we reach our limits with the crying kid who won't eat or wants or doesn't want to go on a ride. However, the best part of the trip was in Mickey's Philharmagic (which I hadn't done yet, and absolutely loved!). We were sitting next to a father with his son on his lap. The kid had to be maybe 4 or 5 at the oldest. And just watching the kid reach out to grab at Donald or whatever else was floating out at him was just priceless. My wife and I just looked at each other and smiled with anticipation. Seeing that was the definition of Disney Magic!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: