Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Spiderman 3

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Spiderman 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Spiderman 3 Reply with quote

Has anyone out there seen Spiderman 3??

I saw Spiderman 1 + 2 and enjoyed both of them.

So if anyone has seen #3 let us know what you think?
Was it good?
Dose it live up to the first two movies??
How was the popcorn? Very Happy
MikeA
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it last night at a sold-out 10:30pm showing.
I had fiarly high expectations, and I wasnt disapointed. I think that there's enough non-action scenes to make it a decent date movie, so the box office take should be huge Smile

I think that they could have done away with one of the story lines in it. The movie didnt "flow" well because they had alot of ground to cover and still be able to tie everything up at the end.

The effects were flawless!! It's reached the point where you simply just can't tell thats it's not real.

I dont think you'll be disapointed either! Very Happy
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, David and I saw it in CA at the midnight showing Friday morning. We really enjoyed it and didn't fall asleep from it being so late. I think you'll like it and won't be disappointed in it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For how much they supposedly spent on the movie, it better be good. $500 mil, wow... That's more than a lot of nations' Gross Domestic Products: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_%28nominal%29

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/spider-man-3-the-most-expensive-movie-ever.php

Interesting that Disney claims that Pirates 3 only cost $200 mil, and the special effects still look fantastic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Disney3xJC
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what movie you guys sat through, but it definitely wasn't the one I sat through...and what a painful experience it was! I thought it was one of the worst sequels to hit the screen in a long time, especially for a good franchise like Spiderman. I was a big fan of the first one and the second was far better than the first. But now, they have made a picture that has taken a major step backward. Let's list off a few of the major flaws (without giving out any major spoilers):
1) There were so many contrived accidental coincidences, I lost count after the first half hour. (i.e. meteor from the sky nest to Peter and MJ, attaches only to his bike, Sandman falls into a restricted science experiment, Spidey flying by the American Flag, the news anchor saying 'Could this be the end of Spiderman?', etc.) For those of you who have seen it, it really becomes laughable when you think of how many there were.
2) Kirsten Dunst must have had it written in her contract that she wanted to sing, not once but twice! (if you can call it singing)
3) I bet if we could look at the cost of this movie, ($265 million in production alone) $200 million goes to the principle actors and the rest on the effects, Other than Sandman's transformation, which was awesome, the rest had a fell of 'been there, done that' feel. There was really nothing that took my breath away, thinking "Who did they do that?"
4) There was at least a half an hour of film that could have been cut that didn't progress the story forward. I must have looked at my watch 5 times.
I could go on and on. I'm sure there is going to be a lot of you who disagree and say it was great. I'm sure it's going to break all opening box office weekend records, but I will take bets that this movie doesn't do as well as the second in the long run and the box office take will drop from bad word of mouth. I sure hope so because I would hate to sit through Spiderman 4 two years from now and see a rehash of the third.
Take my advice, wait to see Spiderman 3 when it's broadcast on free network TV at 3am on a Sunday morning after the Teletubbies.
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, have you ever considered writting a review column for the Daily Bugle??? Very Happy
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have some movie critic DNA mixed in with mine...Smile
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this input is great because I REALLY enjoyed the 2nd movie better then the 1st one and I'm sure I'll see Spidey soon!
Rinith
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the movie was O.K.

By far the worst in the series, they try and throw too much at you, and alot of it is really boring. Venom is pretty cool (untill he talks, ugh), and they did an amazing job with Sandman. Harry could have had a little more done with him, but it was good none the less. Oh yes and Kirsten Dunst get's really annoying after a while.

I say go see it but don't set your expectations really high.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe with a couple more million in special effects, they might've made Kirsten Dunst less ugly looking. That CGI is amazing stuff...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: