King Arthur Carousel Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Current FASTpass system- Is it really broken???

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Current FASTpass system- Is it really broken???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Current FASTpass system- Is it really broken??? Reply with quote

Judging from the upcoming FASTpass enhancements with barcodes and suggested family FP options, I would like to hear some of the loyal UAB'ers opinions on FASTpass usage. I for one have never used an expired FASTpass from a previous trip or even day but I do quite often use them when they are more than 1 or more hrs past thier return time. I have never gotten flack or even looked at twice come to think of it niether was the FP... Smile I am looking for your opinions on using FP's after the alloted times...... Smile Smile
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I carry around a fast pass for everest from months ago I have never had the courage to use it. I have seen the CM turn people away from a ride because of expired FP's once. I know that a certain podcast talks about using FP's from previous trips and as long as the time is ok they have never been turned away. How I look at it is the worst thing the CM will say is I'm Sorry Sir/Maam your FP is expired I hope you have a magical day and you go get in the stand by line or go to another ride. SO I say go for it as long as your consince can handle it I would say go for it. I think the reason I still have my FP is Jimminy is alwys telling me no. Bouncing Jiminy
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with eatmon74! Liar Ok... yeah I have used expired Fastpasses without getting caught. However, there have been times I have been turned away by CM's. So it just depends on the CM's mood, attitude or if they are just tired or lazy Morning
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had cast members tell me that as long as it was for the same day, and not too long after it expired they would honor it.

Must have been someone caused a stink and they have to respond to it.
markb
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
I've had cast members tell me that as long as it was for the same day, and not too long after it expired they would honor it.

Must have been someone caused a stink and they have to respond to it.

I've got a copy of part of the WDW training manuals on my home PC (don't ask) and according to that as long as the Fast Pass is for the same day and it's past the start time it's valid. We've used lots a few hours past their "official" end time and never had a problem. While we were there a couple of weeks ago they swapped out the Kilimanjaro Safari FP machines with new ones that print them out using a different format. It took about 4 days during that time they stopped showing the stand-by wait time too. Sad When we left the machines at Everest where down, so maybe they were next.
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally, I'm gonna hope the impact is relatively minor. I can see stop folks accumulating them across days, but with in the same day there should be a better way...

Unless they are going to change the other policy and allow you to have more than 1 FP out at a time... That is a change I would applaud
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a FASTPASS time can be hindered by alot of things... It is still taking into account so many FP's given out every hour for a maximum total for the day so if you don't return at your alloted time but return an hour later it is still calculated in the total for the day, where it throws the counts off is the ones being used from previous days..... You can' t possibly guarantee me that every FP is used every hour it is issued .for every 1 return time that is missed there is one from a previous hour being used to take its place it all evens out... I am totally against a FP from previous days being used but not the same days..... Didn't they say that at one point in Disney data somewhere that 90% of the issued fastpasses are used within the first 10 minutes of return time anyway..... So by that calculation the FP queue line should be full for the first 10 minutes or so of the return hour but after that theoretically it should be smooth sailing.... Rolling Eyes

Just my 2 cents
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is why many of us go toward the end of the hour to get past the first 10 minute rush...

I totally agree: Same day = Good; Different Day = Bad.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a passholder, I never really use the FastPass system, so I didn't even realize they were doing anything to the system...

I don't have a problem with past-due FPs being used on the same day, but not the next day... That totally throws off the numbers and is even more unfair to people who are waiting in line already...

Now, about using it the same day, I don't have a problem with this, as long as it was towards the later half of the day... maybe allowing them only during the last quarter of the operational day (this way, the time is flexible based on the parks hours for that day)... This could create a "rush" at the end of the day, but if it is known that expired FPs can come back during that time period, then people can plan for that and adjust their own schedules (such as getting their own FPs to use at the end of the day)... Since Disney has a policy of not closing an attraction until the line is empty, there shouldn't be a problem...
markb

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
Which is why many of us go toward the end of the hour to get past the first 10 minute rush...

I totally agree: Same day = Good; Different Day = Bad.

I'm always amazed by the number of people waiting outside the FP Return entrance for their time to come around Rolling Eyes Kinda defeats the object of getting a FP Laughing
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at disneyland you can 'stockpile' fastpasses over the course of the day. this is handy because then you can save the passes you got earlier in the day to ride everything all at once, at night when it's cooler. spend the day shopping and eating Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: