its a small world teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Good News for the Disney Channel

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Good News for the Disney Channel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Good News for the Disney Channel Reply with quote

Good ratings win for the Disney Channel, from MediaWeek:

Quote:

Disney Channel racked up its fifth consecutive ratings win, topping all basic cable networks in prime time with an average delivery of 3.06 million viewers.

According to Nielsen Media Research data for the week ended August 12, the Mouse continued its two-year streak in the kids 6-11 and ‘tweens 9-14 demo, averaging 1.29 million and 1.07 million viewers respectively.

The non-ad-supported Disney Channel notched eight of basic cable’s top 20 rated programs last week, posting its biggest numbers with the Friday night premiere of the theatrical Ella Enchanted, which drew just under 5 million viewers between 8 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. The net also continued to draw a crowd with its original series, Hannah Montana and The Suite Life of Zach & Cody.

theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird...Disney Channel is NOT what it used to be...It's all the same stuff on 4 different channels...

I miss the throwback to the Mickey Mouse Club / Vault Disney etc...Kids of today have no idea who ElFago Baca / Swap Fox / Davey Crockett / Texas John Slaughter are...

It's sad when all they see is stuff like Even Stevens / Kim Possible.
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of this is interpretation.

First, I have started to see "sponsors" appearing on the Disney channel. "this show brought to you by". This bothers me a bit. I liked the fact there were no ads. I hope it stays where it is.

Second, what quality competition do they really have? Not hard to be first when every one is so pathetic.

Disney does produce good shows, but they also show a TON of repeats. My kids must have seen every episode of each series a dozen times at this point.

I think the small tykes shows are definitely better, with Dora, Diega, Manny, and Mickey himself... But they still have not found anything that met the quality of Lizzie Maguire.

The Tweens are so in favor of it because of the same thing that makes MySpace a hit. It is a community. The same stars, appearing in spots, the star competitions, the tie in to the web sites. I'd attribute the community atmosphere more than the latest round of shows.

Finally they have totally dropped the ball on the adult market. Vault Disney was Fantastic! They really need to consider bringing this back, but maybe not as tentatively as showing it only from 11 - 4 in the morning.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a reason why they don't put stuff about the parks on that station? I mean, the whole Discovery/Travel/Learning Channel is built on those Disney park episodes. At any night at 7 PM, I can flip through the stations and usually find an 'inside the Disney parks' show. I wonder why Disney wouldn't be doing that themselves.

I miss the old old days of Donald Duck Presents, which used to show the classic shorts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks. I think the problem with Disney Channel right now is the same as with all of cable television; it's gotten too specific. Let's face it' when you've got 4 or 5 channels all run by the same entity you're bound to repeat your self sooner or later. What gets me about Disney is that there's so much there to work with from the beginning, ( I mean, we are talking about a company that's been in operation for almost 80 years), you would think that with all the accumulative material they would be able to divvy up their programs more evenly. If some people want 'classic' programming there could easily be one or more channels for that as well as however many are necessary for current material. Sure, we all know that if we really, REALLY want ot find our niche then there's always the net, (hello!), but if we want to have something to come home to then I think ANY entertainment company needs to diversify itself a little better; after all, we ARE paying for it, one way or another. Well, that's my two cents, until later, peace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: