Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ralberts
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Reply with quote

In October, I had a convention in Orlando with several people from work including my boss and the CIO. During the trip, the group wanted to go out somewhere nice and I suggested Jikpo at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I explained that it was African flair. After kidding about going to a "Mickey Mouse" restaurant, everyone decided to go since I had alreay made reservations. Noone in our party except me had been to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Driving up to the lodge is always an experience, especially at night with the mock campfires lighting the path.
When we got to the restaurant and the group saw the wine wall located across from the entrance, many were calmed that this was more than a Mickey Mouse restaurant. The bread appitizer was wonderful and I could have made a meal of just that. Everyone had something different from shrimp to chicken to duck. Evryone thought that the food was come of the best. The atmosphere was fantastic. My only regret is that I forgot my camera during the experience.
If you want a nice romantic evening, then I would suggest the Jiko. Make sure to make reservations and take your wallet as it is one of the pricier restaurants on property, but worth it.
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only heard wonderful things about Jiko! Now I really want to go. I've never been to AKL. Sad
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stayedthere once and I ate there and it was very high class. The surrounding were way to much to enjoy Very Happy and overall the food was excellent. I reallt like it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: