Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - New Disney Dining Package - Quick Service Dining

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

New Disney Dining Package - Quick Service Dining

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: New Disney Dining Package - Quick Service Dining Reply with quote

Quote:
Walt Disney World also is announcing some changes in its Magic Your Way plan, to include Quick Service Dining beginning Jan. 11. Vacationers can get two quick-service meals and two snacks for each night of their stay in a Disney resort hotel, plus a refillable drink mug for unlimited refills of non-alcoholic beverages at Disney resort hotels.

Clients who book through Walt Disney Travel Co. also will receive a new benefit -- 30 minute play-cards for Disney's resort hotel video arcades.

Source: Orlando Sentinel; http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/business_tourism_aviation/2008/07/pirates-of-the.html

Ok, this sounds pretty interesting and a good idea. Maybe more people will go with this plan instead of the sit down plan. More room at the sit down restaurants.... YIPPIE!
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps...we really use our sit down restaurant time as a break from the bustle of the day to rest the feet and fill the belly so we can head back out and ENJOY ourselves instead of being run ragged. Often the quick service spots are as hectic as the queue lines for the hottest attractions and there's a lot less crowd control!

: )
MikeA
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great dining is a big part of the Disney experience. those of you who've met me in person might have guessed that Smile

I've had alot of problems booking dining reservations the last couple times though, so I hope this does take some of the stress off the sit-down locations.
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeA wrote:
I've had alot of problems booking dining reservations the last couple times though, so I hope this does take some of the stress off the sit-down locations.

Bummer! I know when we plan our trips I mark the calendar on the day I can call for our ADRs and then about a week before I can WDW Dine and double check with them that I have the right day--I don't add well-especially when I'm excited!

Then I have to wake up at 0400 and call WDW Dine! It's crazy!!! I make sure to have everything written out in big letters so I don't mess up too much. There is always a lot of tweaking to our schedule depending on after hours activities and shows we want to be sure to see.

What places have you had the most trouble with?

I know Le Cellier gave us the go 'round when I goofed it up last trip---but it was brilliant when we finally got in!

You are right...maybe this will ease up some of the sit downs.

WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea. Worth a try at least. They can always retract it if it doesn't work.

I agree with the others. Hopefully this will take away some of the issues with the sit down restaurants, and knowing what you want to eat 6 months before dinner time.
MikeA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the 2 that disapointed me the most were when I couldnt get a table at Chef Mickeys, or the Coral Reef. The Coral Reef was my wifes only dining request and I felt bad I couldnt make it happen. Chef Mickeys has always been a tradition for us, so it felt weird not going there.
I was probably only trying to book about 80 days ahead so maybe I shouldnt be complaining huh Smile
But 80 days in advance seems like a ling time. At least it is here in the mid-west Wink

Last edited by MikeA on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for anything that helps with getting ADRs at sitdown restaraunts!

Just made my ADRs for my November trip and got everything we wanted - except LeCellier, but at least we got a lunch ADR there - the past couple of trips we haven't been able to get anything!
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dining is rather low on our priority list. We'll do one, maybe 2 sit down meals during a trip. We just don't eat that much. That's why we never bothered with the dining plans. There is just too much food. Maybe this new counter service one will fit for us, but I doubt it. Donna is happy to eat off of the children's menu.
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking a bit...and I think that for the great spots...like Cinderella's Table, Chef Mickey's, Le Cellier, Coral Reef, even Contemporary...it will still be a gamble to get in and to get in when you want.

I do think this is a great option for a lot of folks. If you don't enjoy the sit down, or want a lower cost package it still offers a lot of variety.

I am always amazed at the dining options and how much food I eat while at WDW...and i always do our ADRs!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: