Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Dinning Plan Bias?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Dinning Plan Bias?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InfamousB
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Dinning Plan Bias? Reply with quote

Hey ho all. For the last year and a half I've been getting ready for our Disney trip, (less then two months and counting down every second Razz ) and while reading all the reviews I've noticed a recurring complaint about people on the Disney Dinning Plan being treated differently from non-DDP dinners. (Poorer service, smaller portions, etc...) We've never used DDP ourselves since we don't like having to schedule every meal three months in advance but I was just wondering if anyone felt this is a valid complaint or just someone venting over less then perfect service?

Laura B.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the service, but I would guarantee that you would not get a smaller portion. Especially when you consider the amount of buffet and counter service places. But I have not seen or heard of anything getting smaller portions at a sit-down, because they were DDP.

Most of the time, whoever is preparing the plates in the kitched don't even know if you are using the DDP or not. So the only way smaller portions would happen is if the waiter/waitress was "adjusting" the plate between the kitchen and your table... I'm sure if this was the case, someone would find extra food lying around...

Now regarding the server, I personally doubt it. Most of the time the complaints are because the complainer was expecting something else (usually they assumed something and their assumtion was wrong, but of course it was Disney's fault for their false assumption *sarcasim*) or it was an isolted incident.

There has been some case of increased stress and busyness (sp?), mainly because more and more people are dinning because of the plan (especially at sit down restaurants).

But all in all, I don't think you will have a problem.... And if you do, ask for a manager or supervisor right then and there.... As I said, you shouldn't have a problem... Enjoy Yourself!
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Family and I have been using the Dining Plan for the last several years, and I've never been treated poorly. I've always walked away from the table feeling like I got the full Disney Treatment.
I've never felt like they skimped on the food...on the contrary..I always walk away full!!!

I won't go to WDW without it!!! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MikeA
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree with Daguru. I havent noticed any change in attitude by cast members, or in the serving size. I honestly dont believe that the cast members would really even care. Besides... I seem to end up at the buffet anyway Smile

I do think it's ALOT harder to get a table reserved now. I had a heck of a time last fall trying to build a schedule around the dining reservations. We just couldnt get a table at the place or times we needed. But in the end we figured it out.

I think we'll be doing the dining plan from now on, but jsut make sure to call for reservations at the first opportunity.
PensFan66
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Service was good with it - I dont actually do it anymore (I have the Dining Experience Card with my annual pass) so I get 20% off my dinners/lunches Smile

Did they start adding 18% to the table service yet? (Since that wont be included in the Dining Plan price...)
scfireman
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even w/ the new changes i am still a dining plan fan my dw and i recently used the deluxe ddp wow that was alot of food but we had some signatures that we wouldnt of had otherwise so it was worth it. I cant really compare the service because i have used the ddp the past several years everytime.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PensFan66 wrote:
Service was good with it - I dont actually do it anymore (I have the Dining Experience Card with my annual pass) so I get 20% off my dinners/lunches Smile

Did they start adding 18% to the table service yet? (Since that wont be included in the Dining Plan price...)

Yup, they have already started adding the 18% gratuity automatically to the tickets for DDE members....
DarthTiki
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just begun planning this year's trip and was told by AAA that gratuity and the appetizer are no longer included with the table service meal in the Dining Plan.

Ouch.

Shocked
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, AAA is correct, no more gratuity or appetizer. I think that is why they added the mandatory gratuity to the Disney Dining Exprience, to help offset the loss from the DPP and to help keep the unions happy (just my speculation).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: