Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Wall.E is wonderful!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Wall.E is wonderful!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DylansDisneyDad
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Wall.E is wonderful! Reply with quote

We just saw it this morning at we loved it. The Pixar short before the film is the best I've seen in quite some time. I'm not gonna spoil the movie here...Just go and enjoy it!

dlears
Air Traffic Controller
Air Traffic Controller

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIgment and I are off to see Wall.E tonight.
My son and his girl saw it last night and said it was great!
ericpabear
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We tried to see Wall-E, the first showing, on Saturday morning. They had the first three rows blocked off for a kid's birthday party. Everything was fine till the kids came in. IT WAS LOUD ! Even the parents were rude. We left that theater, went to the next theater, that was showing Wall-E a half an hour later. Much better. There were a bunch of kids, but all of them were well mannered.

The movie is a must own, for me at least. I loved it. I haven't seen a Disney/Pixar movie that I didn't like. It is so amazing to me, how Pixar can make you feel these characters are alive. I stayed to the end of the credits to see if anything was at the end, like the others. There wasn't.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short was by far the best they've done... Hilarious.

The movie was brilliantly animated and is a creative and original story. I liked it a lot... However, I did start to lose a bit of interest through the middle until the end sequence. i'd rank it in the middle of the Pixar pack for me - which is still a great compliment as I love the Pixar films.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We saw Wall-E tonight and really enjoyed it.

The short before the movie was hysterical! Another great job for Pixar!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dlears and I went to see this Saturday night. While the animation and other technical pieces are up to Pixar's usual standards, there were parts of the story line that seemed labored and drawn out. The ending seemed too abrupt. It was almost as if there was another step that was missied. And please don't tell me that was intended to set up a sequel. I won't see a sequel and I won't see this movie again. It was cute, but not worth buying the DVD, or the T-shirt, or the Happy Meal, etc.
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed the WALL-E alot. I felt the story was very well written. I enjoyed the short alot. It may be my favorite short that PIXAR has done so far. I will own the DVD. In fact this is the movie that will probally make me get a Blu-Ray player.
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Figment, My wife and I and my 12 year old boy went opening day, I have to say it was well animated felt really realistic, great scenery, the story seemed forced, My wife and I left shrugging our shoulders... It was Ok. at best.. The story just seemed to drag on..... I had just finished reading the reviews in the Chicago Tribune that morning RAVING about it !!! Huge hit etc......

I left saying I wouldnt't see it again, In fact most PIXAR movies have me laughing several times during the movies, this one I think I chuckled or smiled once or twice....

I too will not be adding it to my collection.
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah know...I thought the animation and detail were super--definitely up to par, and the short before the film was GREAT.

I really didn't like the movie, though. I felt like I was watching a propaganda film...I now that sounds awful, but it seemed like a huge endeavor to create more love for the environment.

It just left me feeling less than entertained...sadly.

: )
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed it. It was a different kind of movie. The cast of characters was low, not much dialog, so the entire film relied on site-gags and pantomime. I thought it came across well.

Was it one of the best Pixar movies...no. I would rank it as the lowest in the group, but that's doesn't mean it was bad, just not spectacular.

And none of this says anything against any other opinions, it seems as thought this was either a like or dislike...no middle-ground.

I think they took a chance on this type of film. I also thought it a little less imaginative that they used live footage for some areas.

JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wife and I saw it opening weekend and LOVED it. We loved PRESTO as well and felt the two complemented each other very well in setting the mood & adjusting the audience for the stretches of no dialog to come. While, personally I'm for the "message" under WALL*E, in reading some interviews with Mr. Stanton, it seems that was just more of a secondary outcome as a plot devise was needed to get the humans off the planet. The animation was fantastic, and the storytelling was one of the best I have ever seen, especially because of their own self-imposed challenge of "can we do this with as little talking as possible?"

just one mans two cents
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: