Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Disney Channel Airs Muppets Special

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Disney Channel Airs Muppets Special

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Disney Channel Airs Muppets Special Reply with quote

From Animation Magazine:

Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie Bear and the rest of the Muppets gang will be joined by some of the biggest stars with kids and tweens when Disney Channel presents Studio DC: Almost Live next month. Airing on Sunday, Aug. 3 at 8 p.m. (ET/PT), the half-hour musical sketch comedy special will feature Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana), the Jonas Bros. (Camp Rock), Ashley Tisdale (High School Musical), Dylan and Cole Sprouse, Brenda Song and Phill Lewis (The Suite Life of Zack & Cody).

Featuring classic Muppets backstage antics, the special will be hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse, with comedy sketches featuring Billy Ray Cyrus, Miley’s country singer father. The junior Cyrus will get to play with the Electric Mayhem Band and Miss Piggy will cast herself as the “Jonas sister” and perform with the famous brothers. Kermit will sing the High School Musical hit single “Bop to the Top” with Ashley Tisdale, then join Miss Piggy and Gonzo in paying a visit to the Tipton Hotel, as seen in the hit series The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.

Created by the Disney-owned Muppets Studio, Studio DC: Almost Live is exec produced by Martin G. Baker.

Disney is also bringing the Muppets back to the big screen with a new movie being written by actor Jason Segel and director Nick Stoller, the driving forces behind the hit comedy Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Stoller will direct the flick, which came about when the duo teamed with The Jim Henson Co. for a puppet scene in Sarah Marshall.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound great if you leave all the the people out and just have a Muppet speical. Wink
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old Muppets Show was always about the guests, and how the muppets interacted with them. Not to mention the stupid looks to the camera the guests always gave, when dealing with the Muppets crazy antics.

Even though I'm not a Miley Cyrus fan (I'm 47 for crying out loud), I think it will probably be very cute.

As for the Movie, I can't wait to find out what the story line will be based on, this time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ain't It Cool News has had a few mentions about the movie project. Apparently the main premise will be someone wants to tear down Muppet Studios to drill for oil.... thoughts?
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a great idea. Disney has been looking to find a way to get the Tween crowd into the Muppets and this may be the ticket.

Although I would not released quite as much info on it as appears above. A little mystery is a good thing in promotions.
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious to see how it will be and if we're home, I may watch it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked watching this show when the kids were younger. I'd see a new Muppets show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: