Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Who's Planning a Trip to WDW

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Who's Planning a Trip to WDW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Travel Agency
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveypoo wrote:
Well, not much we can do if you stow away in our luggage (since we'll be at the same party before we leave for the airport!)

Great! just bring the Big suitcase this time. Very Happy
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll return with friends the first week of October. Staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge DVC--have lots of ADRs and it should be a GREAT time!

: )
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We leave TODAY!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just hours away from a fun-filled trip!

Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna and I are leaving April 30 for a long weekend at POP. We'll be joined by my youngest son and his wife and my grandson. We will also be taking Donna to Universal for the first time, and dining at Rose and Crown. Hmmmm! Off Kilter and Guinness.
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be in Orlando May 1-5. Don't know which days are Disney days, but we'll be there.
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've just started talking, but its looking very likely that we, the Toad Family, will be taking the little one down to WDW for her first trip sometime at the beginning of September.

The wife and I are completely more excited then she is about this, considering she is only 18 months old and really has no clue as to what we are talking about.
Bouncing Chip Bouncing Dale Bouncing Donald Bouncing Goofy Bouncing Minnie Bouncing Mickey

So, anyone have any suggestions for taking a Toddler to the most magical place on earth? (WDW, not IRS headquaters, as I know they both have that moniker)
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figmentathm wrote:
Donna and I are leaving April 30 for a long weekend at POP. We'll be joined by my youngest son and his wife and my grandson. We will also be taking Donna to Universal for the first time, and dining at Rose and Crown. Hmmmm! Off Kilter and Guinness.

You guys up for some company Sat or Sun night?
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTToad wrote:
We've just started talking, but its looking very likely that we, the Toad Family, will be taking the little one down to WDW for her first trip sometime at the beginning of September.

The wife and I are completely more excited then she is about this, considering she is only 18 months old and really has no clue as to what we are talking about.
Bouncing Chip Bouncing Dale Bouncing Donald Bouncing Goofy Bouncing Minnie Bouncing Mickey

So, anyone have any suggestions for taking a Toddler to the most magical place on earth? (WDW, not IRS headquaters, as I know they both have that moniker)

Sept/Oct is the best time for little ones.... not that hot, lighter crowds.... just take your time, naps every so often (a few of those of the little Toad would be good too)! If you plan on getting photos, probably want to do it early, before the lines get long....
brendafitz24
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take adventage of the Baby Stations in each park. It is a quiet, cool place to change or feed your baby.
I took my daughter at 7 months and again at 18 months. Both times she loved the crystal palace. She couldn't get enough of Tigger et al!!
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing I would advise is to keep the plans loose and flexible. There is a big difference between doing the park with kids and with out kids, and a big difference in a day out with a baby and a day in WDW with a baby. In our case, there was a lot going on and they needed naps more frequently. So you may have to stop for that impromptu snack as opposed to making that ride right away.

Also. Keep an eye on the shows. While many of them are not content scary for the little kids, Disney often has the volume cranked up very loud, and that noise can set some little ones off, particularly if they are tired and trying to zonk out, or if they have any type of ear infection.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more with the nap suggestion! If you can stay at a monorail resort, that would be the most perfect, if not, consider a car so you can take the Tadpole back for a nap on YOUR schedule, not the Disney Transportation schedule.

I also agree with the Sept/Oct timeframe. The parks are still open pretty late so you can maximize your days to fit in naps and feedings and such.

CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admit it...the nap is just as much for Mommy and Daddy
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're likely going to be using some DVC points, so the monorail hotels are out. We might save a monorail hotel for when we have more then one kid to lug around with us. I completely look forward to her taking a nap in either mine or my wife's arms while on the bus back to the hotel in the middle of day, and then wake right up when we go to actually put her down at the hotel room.

We're thinking of staying at Old Key West right now. Which we've stayed at once before with my whole family (my parents are the ones with the DVC points) in a two bed rooms. We like the layout of the studio there, as apposed to the other places where it is just one long room. At OKW, it seems like we might have a corner or two we could use to hide behind when the little one goes down for real at the end of the day. We're hoping that she is so wiped that she passes out right away. Come to think of it, I'm sure we will too!

We have been toying with staying at the Beach Club, where neither of us have stayed before, since we like checking off new hotels whenever we can. And the location of the Yatch/Beach?Boardwalk hotels is one of my favorites. Easy walk to Epoct, walk/bus/boat to MGM, bus to Animal Kingdom and bus/monorail (via Epcot) to MK. But the studio room layout might push OKW over the top. Has anyone ever staying in one at OKW? We've stayed at in a studio at Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge, so we know what we would be getting in a studio at the Beach Club.
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daguru wrote:
Figmentathm wrote:

You guys up for some company Sat or Sun night?

Bruce, Sunday we are having dinner at R&C, 7:15 I think. We'll be at Epcot for the entire day probably. If you want to meet up earlier, that would be good. I know you and Charlotte are probably headed there for the festival. If Epcot Sunday works for you, let me know and we can exchange cell numbers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Travel Agency All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 20 of 34

Jump to: