Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Re-imagine ..... Tomorrowland Florida

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Re-imagine ..... Tomorrowland Florida
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re-imagine ..... Tomorrowland Florida Reply with quote

Ok here we go again. Let's take on Tomorrowland At WDW. What would you do if you could change this land?
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) find a way to make the people mover a touch more visible. Not sure how to do this though...

2) I'd like to see the grand Prix race track removed, or at least made not visible from tomorrowland. What I'd really like to see here is it removed and a new attraction put in. I'm imagining something where you get in your little space vehicle, and you select from the dashboard which "destinations" you would like to visit. The vehicle works with a computer to auto-route the car there on magnetic fields avoiding all of the other cars that have been requested for different destinations, and then sit back and glide along smoothly in the tangle of computer controlled hover cars zipping past each other.

3) replace the path between Toontown and tomorrowland with a glideway.

4) Take out Monster Inc show and move it to another land. It does not fit the theming and bring in something else. Maybe Body Wars, as a futuristic surgery method, or maybe a Jules Vernes time machine type ride, going from dinos to revolutionary war, to first interstellar peace conference. (It would be cool if the steam train could be timed to pass through during the 1800 journey)

5) Either replace the tomorrowland terrace with a sit down or totally change its menu and theming away from the noodles.

6) change the tables by sonny Eclipse to be square to allow families to place tables together for larger groups. those little circles don't cut it.
eatmon74

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I have some serious ideas for this "land" but the first thing I have to say is fire up the bulldozer and kick out Stich and Monsters. They do not belong in tomorrowland. Monsters I can see in MGM. Stich is just not a good ride in my opinion. I needed to get that off my chest. My other plans as to what to add will come in a latter post.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so far i agree with everything but lets talk about cop go back to now is the time gees that old song it's a great big beautiful tomorrow doesn't cut it then scrap space mountain the way it is first off make it bigger then catapult it up and around and inside like a real rocket would then to boot how about you beam into the waiting line trash. all pixar themes buzz stitch and monsters put them in the movie park i mean come on is all of Disney now a movie infomercial to pixar movies go with the original idea of space travel and go to the space station oh and how about a real space adventure in here somewhere like star tours or similar oh as for tta make a real tour of tomorrowland by going to and from apartments from what would have been Epcot but with real places you can make stops along the way where you could get off and walk through or take the tta on a faster ride around the whole park with stops at other parts of the park use it for what it was intended for. let walt tell you about epcot and show what it should have been and how his ideas for monorail and the like would function for society now oh and the tomorrowland terrace how about back to basics handwiches man do i miss those with all kinds of stuffing and replace the singer with something new like mabe a real band or a like what they show on pbs the instruments playing themselves ok thats all for now

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) Stitch. Out.

2.) Retheme the Grand Priz to DLR's theme. Half the fun is waiting in line with all the Chevron cars and getting your Autopia License. Also, just going around in circles is no fun, at all.

3.) Stage show in the Show pavillion next to CoP. Yes, it attracts small groups to WDW, but It needs to be something that can take guests away from the rest of the hustle and bustle of the park for a half an hour or so.

4.) Noodle Station needs to stay open longer. That's the only MK place I wanted to eat, but it's always closed. Razz

5.) I don't know how you would fix it, but that Rocket Jets queue in the central terminal with the Peoplemover's loading station is just way to cluttered.

Tomorrowland overall isn't a land that needs to be bulldozed... it just needs some minor adjustments.
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again everyone, long time no post Razz . I always love it when a good topic comes
along to get me back in a conversing mood.

OK, my ideas for WDW/TL?

1) Monsters Laugh Floor=gone. Bring back some sort of circle-vision movie, not necessarily Timekeeper, but something that's equal parts travelogue and 'fantastic
voyage' experience.

2) Stitch=out. I don't know about you, but I always thought the Alien Encounter had
a lot going for it. Sure it may have been a bit too scary for toddlers, but then again,
WDW is supposed to be 'for everyone'.

3) TTA=upgraded. Well, actually, it could utilize a lot of the original elements from the
last refurb, just more acutely tuned Confused so that they encompass the riders more completely.

4) Buzz Lightyear=out. This goes without saying if Monsters goes. The entire facility
would be better served with a fully realized attraction in the same space.

5) The lay of the land=redone. If they're going to give us a view of the future, it needs
to be little more ethereal and less whimsical. It would leave a much better impression, I
think.

Well, that's it for now. If I come with any other inconsequential ideas, I'll let you know.

Later. Peace.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree but lets inhance cop update please, here's a thought the adventures in inner space would be cool with all we know now it could be cool also let's do a remake like Paris dl in other words Jules Verne Remake Very Happy Very Happy

WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think the time has come to at least go to the "Star Trek" style sliding doors where doors are in use. Will doors look like this in the future, who knows, but it considered a futuristic view.

An inner space attraction would be good. if they wanted they could use some variation of Body Wars simulator type approach.

Something along the lines of visiting a future moon base or sea base would be cool as well.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no more like airplane 2 or hitchhikers guide doors would more fun anyway hehehehehehehe

trackbarroness
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you change the costumes that are presently worn? And if so to what color scheme? We all look like we belong to the same complex excluding Speedway, they have a different costume then the rest of the land. Question
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless they redo the speedway to make it futuristic, I say leave it separate. As to the existing costumes, I am not thrilled with them, but can not think what I would prefer. I'd say white with different pipping based on attraction or role, but that would get dirty really fast.
FilmBuff90
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blinkereye123 wrote:
2) Stitch=out. I don't know about you, but I always thought the Alien Encounter had
a lot going for it. Sure it may have been a bit too scary for toddlers, but then again,
WDW is supposed to be 'for everyone'.

I almost hate to agree, since it scared me greatly the few times I went on (and I was in 8th grade at the time), but I was thinking about this early this morning and I do agree. It had a storyline that tied in perfectly to Tomorrowland, the advanced future profited upon by an unscrupulous company with a perfect pun right in its name (X-S= excess). I prefer now experiencing it only through audio (obviously the only way), but I do not deny its value when it was there. It was true Imagineering genius, not an element of a Disney film regurgitated in a different form.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see they could bring back a mision to mars but it wouldnt have same input but it would futuristic still heres a thought with all the advances in science the adventure to inner space would really be up there now it could really work. get rid of buzz light year put him near the toy story ride if anything as for stich you need something friendly but futuristic have walt talk about his concept for Epcot and say it's a convention exhibit from the past that was brought forward have a rotating stage with walt as the host giving a lecture on his concepts.

WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thought of doing a modern "Molecules" type ride has a certain appeal. It would satisfy some of the "old Disney" buffs, and also bring something with appropriate theming.

They could do molecular or they could drill deeper and go Atomic or Sub-atomic.

And imagine all the plush quarks they could sell!
eatmon74

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was recently reading about Westcot and a proposed ride that was basically this idea. They would take you to a level and then all of a sudden you would look back and it would be like looking at a universe. It sounded really cool. I think that it would be a great fit for Tomorrowland.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: