Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Disney is a possible suitor for Sea World and Busch Gardens

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Disney is a possible suitor for Sea World and Busch Gardens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DylansDisneyDad
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Disney is a possible suitor for Sea World and Busch Gardens Reply with quote

There are a number of regional amusement providers (Six Flags, Knoebles, the people who own Dorney Park, among others. I don't think there is/could be a monopoly as the article alludes to. Read and enjoy!

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2009/01/20/disney-expands-to-shanghai-but-will-it-also-hook-shamu-it-will/
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reads to me like someone trying to create an issue before one exists.

It is only a monopoly if you are preventing the competition from functioning. Which is not happening in this case. In fact with the prices as high as Disney sets them I would think that is actually encouraging competition.

Seems to me there actually are some good and bad things for Disney to take into account here.

1) many of the Bush Gardens are not up to Disney Quality. So you have 3 options. Bring them to Disney quality, expensive in this economy; Don't bother, just shut the parks down. and if you are doing that why buy them at all; run them but under a different Brand name.

2) Many of these parks (excluding the Sea world)are in fact animal based. this would widen the breeding pool Disney has, and allow them to vary exhibits at Animal Kingdom easier. It would also increase an area of the business, Animal Care, which I don't think is won of the most profitable or fondest sections for Disney.

3) There maybe a lot said for keeping these branded differently and running them asa pure subsidiary... No need to Disnify the parkskeeping the draw of Florida up. If you can go to Virginia to see Disney, why go to Florida.

4) The Sea world parks are expensive to run. and one exhibit at Epcot that seems in most disrepair is the sea's exhibit. Is this truly a good fit?

The one thing the article did not mention for all its attempts at making Disney look bad here for no good reason, is the fact that the US consumers LET the largest US brewery get sold to an out of country buyer. Bud, the american beer is now a Belgian product. The brewery company buying them wanted the breweries, not the parks. This should be no surprise to anyone. If Disney buys these, at least these come back to US ownership.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cause if the ownership goes outside the country who knows what condition they could end up being. Oh to draw foreign vistors though it could work to our advantage how you ask well a forgiegn company could entice the vistor to fla on a discount then when they are here bam off to Disney they go.

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: