Expedition Everest Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Describe your first time at Walt Disney World

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Describe your first time at Walt Disney World
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Describe your first time at Walt Disney World Reply with quote

My first time at WDW was in 1999. Everyone was gettin ready for the big 2000. I remember this along with the advertisment of a Bug's Life being released on Video and DVD. We stayed at the All-Star Music Resort. We stayed at the Jazz area of the resort. The pool was one of my favorite parts of the hotel. It was the Three Carbiarro pool. (I hope I spelt that right) Anyway, we took a red eye flight and I was exhausted but when I knew we where there, I was awake like I ate eight pounds of sugar. Our first park was Epcot. I thought Spaceship Earth was this big intense scary ride just by judgeing the size of it, but wow... I loved that ride. My favorite ride at the time was Ellen's Energy Adventure because it was funny and the dinosaurs excited me. Anyway, I loved MGM's Great Movie ride because the Wizard of OZ scene and the Old West scene. I loved Animal Kingdom for the Kilomanjaro Safari and Magic Kingdom for Splash Mountain.
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the year was 1986. eleven-year-old kali fell in love with horizons and went horsebackriding at fort wilderness. her father took many embarrassing photographs.
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first trip to WDW was in 1997. Yet again, DP was at a geek convention for the week and I went with him. That was the year the castle was decorated to look like a birthday cake.

The following year, we took the entire family for 8 days and they loved it!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first visit was in 1980. The only places then were MK, the Contemporary, The Poly, Fort Wilderness, and River Country. I don't remember a lot from that trip, but I recall having a great time, seeing HM was like a dream come true, they were building Big Thunder and we bought an all day pass rather than individual ticket books.

Oh how it's changed in 25 years.

GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first trip was in 1992 for our honeymoon. Smile
We stayed at the Carribean beach resort, Don't remember
which island but I bet my DW does. Wink
We now go at least once a year or more if DW has her way.
ciciwoowoo
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first trip there was in 1978 or 79. Not quite sure which year. It was also my first plane ride. It was funny because when we landed, there were a bunch of fire trucks and they pulled up the steps for us to walk down in the middle of the landing strip. I thought it was completely normal! I didn't realize that the engine wasn't supposed to catch on fire when landing!

We stayed at the Contemporary. I loved the monorail! They used to have a movie theater in the basement, along with the arcade. I remember seeing Snowball Express in the theater, and the movie reel broke right when the racoon was getting ready to jump out!

I loved the Magic Kingdom! That was the only place open back then. You had to buy individual tickets for all the rides. There were ticket booths all over the place. And, because I was young, Fantasyland was the best!

I've gone to WDW almost every year since then. Its my favorite place in the world!
ciciwoowoo
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first trip to WDW was in 1997. Yet again, DP was at a geek convention for the week and I went with him. That was the year the castle was decorated to look like a birthday cake.

Deb, ick! I remember that sick pink castle. What a horrible first impression! Well, I guess the next time you saw the castle, you were stunned by how beautiful it was!
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ciciwoowoo wrote:

Deb, ick! I remember that sick pink castle. What a horrible first impression! Well, I guess the next time you saw the castle, you were stunned by how beautiful it was!

Having never seen it in person before that pink monstrosity, it didn't bother me as much as it bothered other people, but you are right in how in awe I was to see it the next trip.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DisneyNut2005
Air Traffic Controller
Air Traffic Controller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the least I can say is that my first visit to WDW was in October 1982 when Epcot first opened.

I was only 6 months old then.
Firefly
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically, the first time I went to WDW was back in 1990 or 1991. I was just a little tike, so my memories of that trip are very fuzzy. The only thing that really sticks out in my head was seeing that troll at the end of Maelstrom. Don't know why, but that's all I can really remember.

I consider my first trip to be in 2001, when I was old enough to appreciate everything. I remember being disappointed with Space Mountain, but really enjoying Splash Mountain. And I was in awe of Tower of Terror.
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I visited was in 1976 in October during a school year. My High School teacher gave me permission to go and I really enjoyed myself.

I was nagging my mother affectionately known as Mama Bear to let me go to The Haunted Mansion. The first time was a somewhat awkard experience with me almost chickening out. But I got through it. Then I made a few more trips a few years later on and off.

Suffice to say I saw it as my destiny to finally move to Florida and the anniversary will be ten years this March. I haven't regretted it since. Now I get to go to the park almost every day. Very Happy
MikeA
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

January 1975 as I recall - What a trip!!
I was a Sophmore in High School, and was allowed to explore this wonderful new world a little bit on my own. I had my very own ticket book (with E tickets), my own brand new Kodak Instamatic camera, and a pair of cool new Puma sneakers to break in.

I was one of the first few hundred people to ride Space Mountain, and it was my 1st coaster ride ever -- I'm still not a big coaster fan. But the thing I remember the most is the ride across the lake on the ferry. I nearly burst with anticipation. I stay on-property these days when I travel there, but a couple times I've taken the ferry across just for kicks. I still get goosebumps.

MikeA
DisneyFanatic001
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it was 1974. I was so excited that we were going that I got out of bed too fast and suffered dizzy spells for most of the day. Embarassed We drove over from St. Petersburg area and I remember parking in the Chip 'n Dale section (My brother & I would sing the Chip 'n Dale theme song all throughout the day!). At first, I was terrified when I saw the monorail, but after being assured that it wasn't some kind of roller coaster, I remember looking out the windows and spotting all the different topiary animals. Most of my memory of that day is fuzzy, but the things that I still remember are the "If You Had Wings" attraction and the theme song for the Carousel Of Progress, "The Best Time Of Your Life". Also, my sister, brother & I went on "it's a small world" by ourselves while my parents waited... and waited... and waited for us to come out. My mom thought something had happened to us because we were on there for such a long time. Laughing
DisneyDave
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there back in 1977, and I don't remember ANYTHING Confused Laughing

BUT I am finally returning next month!!! So I am VERY EXCITED! Very Happy
ericpabear
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got married 25 years ago, and went to Walt Disney World. Stay off grounds, ate well, saw everything, done everything for under $500 dollars. Of course back then there was only "The Magic Kingdom", and there were only three day passes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: