Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Describe your first time at Walt Disney World

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Describe your first time at Walt Disney World
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cakegal
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first visit to WDW was just this past March. We have a BLAST. I must say that I don't recommend going to four theme parks on four consecutive days. I don't remember my feet hurting so much!

We live about 30-40 minutes from Disneyland in California and always get our Disney fix locally. But, WDW is truly a world in itself and well worth the expense to visit.

The weather was great. We stayed at a disney resort, had the disney dining plan, bought the park hopper and made reservations to several Epcot World showcase restaurants. We had our luggage delivered to our room. We had a plan of attack and were able to see everything we wanted to see. I would of like to had some time to visit the other resorts.

I must say that the forums helped enormously with the planning of this trip!
C33
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same story here. We also live about 30-40 miles from DLR in California. In summer of 2003, we took our first family trip to WDW. It was great. 8 days, four parks, we saw it all! Can't wait to go back this summer (although its only for a few days, but still plenty of time to see everything we want to).
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally was able to go to WDW in 2005 for a week with friends to celebrate their son's fifth birthday...stayed at SKL and did a lot....but not nearly as much as I'd have liked to do. The resort os SO huge! We had a great time and are looking forward to going back ...hopefully not too far in the future..

: )
mauricecano
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was an infant when I went the first time. Smile

By the time I was in college, I had lost count at 16 trips to WDW. I live in Atlanta, so not so bad a drive.
darkclouds
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1978 a trip with my then girlfriend and her family. Seven days at the Poly, no EPCOT, No MGM, and the only water park was River Country. The Magic Kingdom was open till 12pm every day. The Main Street electrical parade was the high point of the day.

And I can't recall the name but that island was open that you could visit to look at the birds and other animals.

A great time.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically my first trip there was in 1982. I was just a wee little fetus then, so I can't say I remember anything. The next time I went was in October of 1984, right before I turned 2. I remember the hotel room, and needing a crib. There must have been one of those wheelchair lifts that runs up a track on the side of the stairs at that hotel. I remember having a dream about it, their were lots of them, all connected together and running very slowly. They were coming down the stairs, and every car was full. I remember specifically that it was at the hotel, which was off disney property, and in a stairway. Years later I started to consider that that might have been my earliest memory of the end of spaceshp earth. Maybe another omnimover, but who knows at this point. The only other thing I remember is not wanting to go to sleep, and standing in my crib yelling.
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1980, I was about 4 and seriously, I was kidnapped at the Contemporary. Well, that's what my mom says anyways. You can read the story at my (stale) blog www.allthingswdw.blogspot.com

Don't worry daguru and gang, a new story will be posted today.
ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first visit to WDW (actually it was my first visit to ANY Disney park) was my honeymoon in September 1973.

I grew up watching Uncle Walt on TV. But my family never even suggested flying across the country and taking a trip to Disneyland. In fact, I had only flown once in my life, and that was at the age of 10 (my mother and I took a trip to Miami).

So my new husband and I drove to DisneyWorld (from the Philadelphia area). We were booked at the Contemporary Hotel (tower room, park view). I remember when we got to our room, he rushed over to the bed----AND CALLED HIS MOTHER!!!!!!!

But putting all bad thoughts behind me, it was extraordinary. There were only three hotels (Contemporary, Polynesian, and the Golf Resort) and one park. And you had to be staying at one of the Disney hotels in order to use the monorail. One night I remember hearing music from the Seven Seas Lagoon. It was the Electrical Water Pageant.

Things are a lot different now. Some things are better, some things not as good.

On a good note, that particular husband is behind me, and Doug is as much of a Disney fan as I am.
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there. OK I know I'm showing my age here but my first time was waaayy back in 1987 , as a graduation present from my family. While it was my first time I probably knew more about th place than anyone else at the time. I gotta tell ya I was NOT disappointed; everything was exactly as I pictured it and then some! Mind you, this was at a time when the resort was on the verge of its first major expansion in a long time:Disney-MGM studios, Pleasure Island and the Grand Floridian among others, so alot of things were still under wraps. While we did go in the 'off-season', (which I discovered was in August), the idea of having the parks almost literally all to ourselves was almost too good to be true. We got to go to both MK and Epcot Center-the original- more than once a day as well the rest of the resort without any major incidents to report. Although I have tried to get back as often as possible since then; and have enjoyed many of the new additions, there's just something about that first time, (you know what they say) that will always stay with me. Until later, peace.
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first "official" trip to the Magic Kingdom was when I was a baby, so sometime in early '78, but my mom actually went when she was pregnant with me. I remember doing the Epcot preview when I was around 5 years old, and we got to do the AP-holders preview that they had at MGM. There was so little to do/see back then, but I remember being wowed by Catastrophe Canyon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: