King Arthur Carousel Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - New Picnic Dining Option at DAK?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

New Picnic Dining Option at DAK?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: New Picnic Dining Option at DAK? Reply with quote

I found this tidbit over at WDWMagic:

Starting today, Tuesday April 7, Animal Kingdom is offering a new category of dining - Picnic in the Park.

Guests will be able to purchase a meal for the family packaged in the “Every Tree Has Character” reusable bag to take with them to one of many picnic spots throughout the Park. Plates and utensils are provided.

Meals include a choice of entrees, side dishes, desserts, and water. There are two tiers available for our Guests to select from:

Tier 1 features a chicken wrap, ham grinder, tuna pita, or turkey focaccia sandwich.

Meal for Three – $24.99 + tax
3 Sandwiches, 1 Large Gourmet Side, 3 Desserts or Fruit, 3 bottles of
Dasani water

Meal for Four – $32.99 + tax
4 Sandwiches, 2 Large Gourmet Sides, 4 Desserts or Fruit, 4 bottles of
Dasani water

Meal for Five – $40.99 + tax
5 Sandwiches, 3 Large Gourmet Sides, 5 Desserts or Fruit, 5 bottles of
Dasani water

Meal for Six – $48.99 + tax
6 Sandwiches, 4 Large Gourmet Sides, 6 Desserts or Fruit, 6 bottles of
DasaniĀ® water

Gourmet Sides (16oz)
• Chips • Macaroni & Cheese • Seasonal Fruit Salad
• Coleslaw • Mashed Potatoes & Gravy • Tomato & Cucumber
• Corn Medley • Orzo Pasta Salad
• Green Beans • Oven-Roasted Potato Wedges

DESSERTS
• Apple • Brownie • Cookie • Cornbread • Crisped Rice Treat • Orange

Tier 2 offers a choice of rotisserie chicken or ham.

Meal for Three – $29.99 + tax
6 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 1 lb. of Ham, 2 Large Gourmet Sides,
3 Desserts or Fruit, 3 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Four – $38.99 + tax
8 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 1 1/4 lb. of Ham, 3 Large Gourmet Sides,
4 Desserts or Fruit, 4 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Five – $47.99 + tax
10 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 1 1/2 lb. of Ham, 4 Large Gourmet Sides,
5 Desserts or Fruit, 5 bottles of Dasani water

Meal for Six – $56.99 + tax
12 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken or 1 3/4 lb. of Ham, 5 Large Gourmet Sides,
6 Desserts or Fruit, 6 bottles of Dasani water

GOURMET SIDES (16 oz. container)
• Chips • Macaroni & Cheese • Seasonal Fruit Salad
• Coleslaw • Mashed Potatoes & Gravy • Tomato & Cucumber
• Corn Medley • Orzo Pasta Salad
• Green Beans • Oven-Roasted Potato Wedges

DESSERTS
• Apple • Brownie • Cookie • Cornbread • Crisped Rice Treat • Orange

No modifications or substitutions are allowed.

Guests will be able to place an order at the Picnic in the Park podium located in front of Guest Relations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, operated from 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. daily. After that time, or if the Guest has decided to get their picnic pack after they’ve ventured into the Park, they may go directly to the podium at Tusker House Restaurant to place their order.

Pick-up time needs to be at least two hours from the time the order is placed, and Guests should bring their copy of the order form as confirmation. Payment is due upon pick-up of the order. The pick-up location is at Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery.

If Guests are on the Disney Dining Plan, Picnic in the Park may be used as a Quick Service Meal (requires one adult entitlement per meal amount). For example, a meal for three will require three adult entitlements. Click here to view brochure

Source: WDWMagic: http://www.wdwmagic.com/Dining/Animal-Kingdom-Picnic-in-the-Park/News/07Apr2009-Animal-Kingdom-launches-new-category-of-dining---Picnic-in-the-Park.htm

I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't become very popular... What do y'all think?
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to hear more about this...

the concept of a picnic implies that the folks would be able to set down in place where now they currently would not.

Additionally the way the part is set up now they minimize the amount of non-green material used in serving food to make it more animal friendly.

I am wondering what including "utensils", Chip bags, a large. small side containers do to this. I would think the bags, plastic silver, etc might increase some of that risk. (I'd guess the sides could use cardboard packaging to make it bio-degradable, as long as folks don't expect it to last for hours.

If any one tries this, I'd like to know how it is handled and works out.

Sounds like it could be a fun way to manage a meal.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you click the Source link, there are photos at the bottom of the page... You know this is not a bad deal. It could cost mrsguru and myself more than $25.00 for similar lunch offerings without desert at various counter services. This way you get even more food for approx the same price....

May need to try this out next time we are at DAK!
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like most of the packaging is AK friendly.

And it sounds like you get a cool bag in the process. Curious if the water will eventually be swapped out with sodas or stay water.

I think this is a good idea. If this works well, wonder if it will move to the other parks as well.
napastoy
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, maybe I'm just being dumb, but exactly where is there picnic space in AK? And when it gets real hot or one of the infamous downpours start, then what? I think the concept is neat, but it doesn't fit the location.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWMagic is reporting that Disney is going to shut down the Picnic in the Park dining option... but it looks to be moving to season operation: http://www.wdwmagic.com/Dining/Animal-Kingdom-Picnic-in-the-Park/News/31Dec2009-Animal-Kingdom-Picnic-in-the-Park-ending-January-2-and-moving-to-seasonal-operation.htm

We did the Picnic twice this summer, once for the sandwich option and the second was the roasted meat option. The sandwich is the better of the two options, actually more food for a lesser price. It is actually better than some of the counter services in the parks, it was a really good deal... I do hope this comes back, I would love to do it again!
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had it but have wanted to give it try. We don't head over to AK very often so it's not been an option for us. Glad it will be seasonal at least. It doesn't appear that there was much advertising for it in the park. I was there a few days before Christmas, but also had my youngest sis in tow so we were more focused on getting onto EE and Dinosaur Smile
bellabrownn
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really great place for the dinner and it sounds rocking , if we are planning to going to party you must take your food at the Disney dinning ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: