Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Captain Eo returning to WDW

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Captain Eo returning to WDW
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Captain Eo returning to WDW Reply with quote

We know that it has already returned to DLR and is soon to debut at DLP and DLT, there had been rumors about it returning to WDW and Epcot... There has been an official notice:

Michael Jackson's 'Captain EO' coming back to Epcot

"Captain EO," the 3-D mini movie starring Michael Jackson, is returning to Epcot at Walt Disney World on July 2.

The announcement today comes after recent announcements of the 17-minute film appearing at Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland Paris.

The 17-minute film first ran at Epcot from 1986-1984. Directed by Francis Ford Coppola, the film stars the pop icon as Captain EO and his crew journeying to a colorless planet to sing and dance and bring color and happiness back to the planet.

Source: Orlando Sentinel; http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/os-captain-eo-returns-to-epcot-20100428,0,5800596.story

Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great News!! anything has to be better than HISTA!!! even if it is almost 2 decades old Laughing
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like Captain EO in the 80s, and I won't like it now.

I'm not a fan of HISTA. Why don't they get something decent in that theater?
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about this earlier...and was quite pleased. Now I'll be able to say I've seen the show at both parks...WOOHOO!!!

BETH??!!!?? Where are you? When are you going to be over at WDW to check it out????

: )
RichInOrlando
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more information that has been given to CM's to talk about with guests arranging vacations to WDW -
HISTA will close temporarily for a refurbishment "sometime in the next few weeks" to make way for the Captain's return. Captain Eo opens at Tokyo DL on June 30th, DL Paris on June 12, and WDW on July 2nd.

What I took from the announcement that caught my eye is the word temporarily. The announcement doesn't say how long the Return of Captain EO will last, or what will take its place once they decide it is time for it to move on again.

To paraphrase Sarah, and others, I think that HISTA has been here long enough, and it is time for that show to move on as well.

But what would we like to see replace it? I have seen requests to rotate in various other return engagements, but think I would prefer something new...

I was talking this over with some friends, and wondered if we might see a Toy Story 3.5 appear here... similar to how the Ogre has a mini sequel down the street. I suppose it might stand on it's own, but would prefer to see a continuation of that story line...

Or how about a story connected to another ship captain... Captain Jack Sparrow?

What does your imagination like to think might be coming here next?[/quote]
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MK has Philharmagic, AK has Tough to Be a Bug, HS has Muppetvision & soon a revamped Star Tours. Epcot DEFINITELY needs some help in the 3D department!

Stormstruck hardly counts... Shocked
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I'm happy to see Capt EO return Razz
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard rumor of LAugh Floor going in over at DL---which I believe would be an immense waste of space!

I'd like to see an ALL NEW (i know-shocking thought) story, Like EO was. It wasw creative, cutting edge and UNIQUE. I understand the dollars known characters generate...but I also know that unique things can and do as well---Look at various attractions, like EO, or Haunted Mansion, or films like Nightmare Before Christmas...they stand alone.

I really hope Disney takes a leap and does something to WOW the people! Until then, I'm going savour Captain EO as often as possible!!!

: 0
ericpabear
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOOO!
Say it ain't so !
What in God's name are they thinking ????
That freak is (was) a drug abuser, and a child molester (unproven).
Also the show wasn't worth a dern to start off with (my oppion).
What a bunch of crude!
I won't be gonna see it. Nor any of my family or co-workers or their families (fact).
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe they are going to work on some sort of new show to put in the theater after Captain Eo leaves... maybe that is when they will also work on the Imagination ride also (wishful thinking)...

BTW, someone mentioned Muppets @ DHS... Guess what, it is closed for the next few months because: new pre-show, upgraded theater and effects, and digital 3D movie (enhanced version of current movie)!
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going to WDW in August and my DW + DD hope to see this.

I'll stay out and have a cold drink. Very Happy
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They took Captain EO out because it was not drawing crowds.
Replace HISTA completely. FIne, stick this in if it will draw for a few months, but lets get something NEW.
Also, it is the imagination pavilion...Can't they think of something (!) to reflect imagination? I like PIXAR but Epcot is changing too fast from informative to Pixarland Jr. Keep Pixar at the MK. Finding Nemo is enough for EPCOT (IMO)
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about Pixar taking over...I just keep thinking that at DL, this is at Dsineyland---I don't want to see any more pixar there, they have filled DCA and needen't take over at DL--one (of a number of) reason I REALLY don't want to see Laugh Floor go in there at DL (praying it is only an unfounded rumour.

I maintain that a brand new---UNIQUE show would be PERFECT for the theatres!

...working on a quick trip to DL before the big summer crowds to insure I'm able to see Captain EO again! Then looking forward to the show at WDW in OCtober!!

: )
doombuggy
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the news on this on The Hub the other day. I don't recall seeing this in the past (there was a period where I did not go to WDW for about 8 years), so I will try to catch it sometime this summer at EPCOT or at DLP when I am there for Halloween.

As strange as his personal life was, he was quite the entertainer in the '70s & '80s.
1974 - 1983 WDW day trips*1992 WDW offsite*94 Contemporary*97 WDW offsite*97 Polynesian*98 PAC DL*99 DLH*00 Port Orleans & Coronado*01 WDW offsite*02 DLH*02 HHB*03 POR*03 HHB*04 Moved to Orlando*06 DVC Member*06 DLR*07 OKW*07 VWL* 08 GCH*09 BLT*09 AKV*10 OKW*10 SSR*10 DLP
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO! This show was bad before they took it out and replaced it.
No valid reason to bring this back other than to cater to the MJ fans.

Take out HISTA, Keep out EO, and yeak let's try something new like trying some Imagination!

A new 3D pirates, 3D Toy story, 3D day in the life of an Imagineer, heck I'll take following around horticulture as they plan for Flower and garden. Anything!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: