Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - How old is too old do you think?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

How old is too old do you think?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mickeydamouse
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: How old is too old do you think? Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

Something has been on my mind for a very long time and I was wondering if anyone would like to share their feelings on my subject?

Now that I am getting older, how old do you think is too old to enjoy the parks without people looking at you saying, "How can they enjoy this? They are ancient!" I've been a Disney freak my whole life...I can't imagine not having Disney the rest of my life worryiing about others perception. By the way...I am only 41, not old, but old enough to care about "weirdo at the park age".

Just curious if I am being too critical or silly about the whole age thing. Rolling Eyes

Have fun everyday! Laughing
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, there is no such thing as "too old" to enjoy the parks. I am late 50's and my wife is a few years younger, and we enjoy the parks several times a year. Remember that Walt created the park for all ages. You might find different things more enjoyable than you did when you were younger, but there are things for all ages. My 80 yo parents were with us on our last trip in January, and they enjoyed themselves.
Mickeydamouse
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

80's! That is wonderful! I hope that I am well enough at that age to continue to go to the parks!

Thank you for your insight into the touchy (well at least for me) subject.

While growing up, we did not have the best of things, but my parents always found a way to get us to Disney World. That's neither here nor there about my subject, it's just that this is and always will be my happy and safe place. I just don't want to feel like I am being judged for enjoying the same things a 5 year old does.

I have found that statement you made to be true! I do enjoy different things that I did not used to. However, I can't resist the Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain. It hurts a lot more than it used to, but they sure are fun.

Thanks again and I feel better now... Laughing
dlears
Air Traffic Controller
Air Traffic Controller

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never "too old"!
I'm Figmentathm's other half and we're counting the days......
2 months, 2 weeks and 5 days!
It's All About The Mouse! Bouncing Mickey (everyday)
Mickeydamouse
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I definitely get it now. I'm not going to let it bug me anymore. Life is short and there isn't anything like visiting the Mouse.

Thanks to both of you for making me feel better about all of it.

My wife loves it there too...not as much as me, but she is a little...well okay alot more mature than I am.

My 6 year old little boy seem to share a brain. Very Happy
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltldeb and I are in our late 40's and we love the parks. I can't wait for the day to take the grandkids and maybe someday, the great-grandkids! Our kids love Disney too, and you're never too old.

(oh, and I'd ask for an ID from Figment...I think he's fibbing about his age!)

pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I celebrated my 30th at the parks this year. My girlfriend and I had our first date in Disneyland several years ago, and we've been going to at least one of the two parks every year ever since.

I see nothing wrong with wanting to do so for the rest of our lives, really. I'm sure there might be a few breaks here and there, but the I can't see the want to go back ever really fading.

I say, let the world's perception of your vacation behavior, good or bad, be dang! It's your life. Do what makes you happy.
Mickeydamouse
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love being part of this website...everybody is so honest and friendly.

I took my little boy to the park the first year we arrived back in Florida. He was only 5 at the time and he has already started saving money for the next trip. He keep all of his change in little box. He tells me we have enough now...he's got about 7 dollars saved.

Bless his little heart. I have about 300 bucks saved so far...gonna be awhile till our next trip. $307 should take care of 1 ticket and 3 days of parking. Love those tax checks when they come in! Then we are going back!

I don't like calling it vacation going to Disney World...I call it going to my second home. It's where I feel good everyday regardless of heat, crowds or NOW being a little older. The heart knows what it wants...I want THUNDER MOUNTAIN RAILROAD! I'd like to have it in my backyard. Can always dream ya know. Rolling Eyes
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking the grandkids is a ball. Although the youngest is not a year yet, the 5 yo has a ball with us. We are going to take them to the Halloween party in October. I don't know who will enjoy it more, me or my grandson. It is fun to spoil them.

Enjoy the time spent with your son while he is young. Build memories together. He will always remember. That is so cute, saving in a box. Donna uses a Mickey coffee can. (She goes through my pants and car console at night looking for change. And she makes me drink a lot of beer for the .05 deposit.)
Mickeydamouse
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the best! Razz

I wish my wife would make me drink more beer...come to think of it, I think she likes me better that way. Wink

I try to cherish the moments that I do have with him. Being that I am active duty military, I have missed so much of his younger years, I sometimes don't even know who he really is. He's smarter than me, that much I do know...he's a good boy.

My wish is that he grows up having a passion for something like my love of family, country and my Disney. Life is going by so fast...I want him to know everything is important, nothing is trivial.
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figmentathm wrote:
Taking the grandkids is a ball. Although the youngest is not a year yet, the 5 yo has a ball with us. We are going to take them to the Halloween party in October. I don't know who will enjoy it more, me or my grandson. It is fun to spoil them.

Enjoy the time spent with your son while he is young. Build memories together. He will always remember. That is so cute, saving in a box. Donna uses a Mickey coffee can. (She goes through my pants and car console at night looking for change. And she makes me drink a lot of beer for the .05 deposit.)

That is a crying shame. You're a real trooper for being able to go along with that.

Last edited by pugmalion1 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mickeydamouse
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i know i feel really bad for him... Crying or Very sad

have a couple for me and keep the change...or it seems like the Mrs get the change Very Happy
wdwaddict
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion there will never be a time that I am too old for Disney Parks. While over the years I have had friends and co-workers ask me why I vacation at a childrens themed place and when will I go on a grown up vacation. I ignore them and think to myself if they only knew what they are missing they would be like me and counting the dollars saved and days til my next Disney trip!!! Since I was about 9 years old I have always dreamed about when my working days are done that I will retire and move to Florida with the hopes of a nice retirement job in the parks.....I wouldn't care if I was the person wondering around with the broom and dust pan as long I am inside enjoying the sights and sounds that is WDW! I am now 33 and the dream has not faded one bit it has just intensified Very Happy ... So from me to you don't think about what others say just enjoy the passion and love for everything Disney that you share in common with your UAB family We Rock
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wdwaddict wrote:
In my opinion there will never be a time that I am too old for Disney Parks. While over the years I have had friends and co-workers ask me why I vacation at a childrens themed place and when will I go on a grown up vacation. I ignore them and think to myself if they only knew what they are missing they would be like me and counting the dollars saved and days til my next Disney trip!!! Since I was about 9 years old I have always dreamed about when my working days are done that I will retire and move to Florida with the hopes of a nice retirement job in the parks.....I wouldn't care if I was the person wondering around with the broom and dust pan as long I am inside enjoying the sights and sounds that is WDW! I am now 33 and the dream has not faded one bit it has just intensified Very Happy ... So from me to you don't think about what others say just enjoy the passion and love for everything Disney that you share in common with your UAB family We Rock

Good to know it's not just me with the dream of retiring down there at WDW. Drive a monorail? Starter at one of the golf courses? Or spook little kids at the Haunted Mansion? So many options....

And I would have to agree with everyone else, that you are never too old. My parents are in their early 60s. They have been DVC members for around 10 years now. And on Sept 1st, they are taking my almost 3 year old daughter to WDW by themselves. While my daughter is excited, I think her Grandmother is even more excited. I am both looking forward to and scared to see how much they end up buying her while down there.

The people who tell you that you are too old are the really the ones who are too old.
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No such thing as too old for Disney.

And as long as I have Figmentathm I'll never have to worry about being
too old. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: