Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Disney bus driver placed on paid leave...

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Disney bus driver placed on paid leave...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wizzard419
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not just at Disney, when people go on vacation anywhere the dangers of reality also seem to take a break.
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotta say, as I've heard the complaints about travel time on the bus system a lot, the only times I've ever spent an inordinate amount of time traveling from location to location were when I was going resort to resort. Sometimes you luck out and get from bus A to Bus B in a short amount of time, but it's just as often that you take a bus to Downtown Disney to transfer and end up waiting 30+ minutes for your transfer bus.

Depending on the flexibility of my schedule and the time of the day, this is probably the only situation where I'd consider hiring a cab. Otherwise, the majority of the time, I find their point-to-point service to be pretty consistent and tolerable. I'm sure the people on said buses are a completely different story, but I'm really good at tuning out or blending into the background, when I want to.

That, and I'm a pretty intimidating-looking dude (I think I just look naturally mean; I'm not, but I come off that way until you speak to me, or so I've been told many, many times), so people tend to not bother me.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never found the disney buses any worse than my states local public transit. considering the number of people they bus around, they do an amazing job.

If folks don't want to wait, they should not be using the bus, drive or use a taxi. If they are using the bus, prepare to wait. That is what buses are like... I'll admit it is less than pleasant when towing two strollers, carrying kids, diaper bags, camera bag, etc, but that is what riding a bus is...
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, in the interest of full disclosure, I have to say that my general acceptance of the bus service in WDW might be directly due to the fact that we don't have any kids.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On our recient trip to DL, we used a shuttle service to get to and from the parks and hotel. We had to wait, sometime short, sometimes long, but knowing what it was (a bus), we didn't fret or stress over it. And since parking in DL is about $17 a day, and the bus only cost us $16 each for 5 days, it was a considerable savings, and it was a lot less walking.

But when in Florida, we'll still rent a car. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: