Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - News to make Onecutemoose happy...

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

News to make Onecutemoose happy...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: News to make Onecutemoose happy... Reply with quote

The Village Haus has a revamped menu! More reason to go there!

From the Disney Parks Blog:

The menu features many fast-casual options that guests have enjoyed over the years including hamburgers or cheeseburgers with french fries or a healthy side, and pepperoni or cheese pizzas. With a playful nod to the uniquely European flavor of the restaurant, many new and reimagined items have been added as well.

Chicken Sausage
Topped with sauerkraut served in a pretzel roll

Angus ⅓ lb. Pastrami Cheeseburger
Angus chuck burger, pastrami, pickles, caramelized onions, Swiss cheese, lettuce and a creamy horseradish sauce

BLT Flat Bread Pizza
Thin flat bread crust, cherrywood-smoked bacon, provolone and mozzarella cheese, caramelized onions, marinated tomatoes and arugula-fennel salad

I cannot lie, for me no meal is complete without dessert, and the Village Haus is offering a perfect way to top off your visit with either a Black Forest Cupcake or Warm Apple Strudel.

Kids ages 3-9 have their own menu choosing from a hamburger, pizza or macaroni and cheese, all served with sliced apples and a choice of a small low-fat milk, Minute-Maid juice or small Dasani water. There truly is something for everyone as toddlers under age 3 can choose “Yummy Cheesy Macaroni” served with smooth applesauce and a small low-fat milk.
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Thanks for the update. I hadn't taken the time to look into it.

Just yesterday I was planning my March DL trip with my friend who has never been and I told her about Village Haus---how I've always HATED their food, but with a new menu I may have to try it out Smile

Looks like we may be stopping by!

: )
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK the chicken sausage fine but the black forest cupcake please that's an insult to every good German gees I hate to break the news to you but hamburgers and hot dogs are German not pizza, macaroni and cheese

Quick history lessen hamburgers come from Hamburg and hot dogs which are really frankfurters come from Frankfurt A.M. So they had it right the first time. They were not invented here as many believe. We as Americans forget that lost of thing that were maybe perfected here didn't get invented here!!!!!

Redbaron steps off his soap box goes into the biergarten at Epcot and has real bier.

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redbaron314 wrote:
Redbaron steps off his soap box goes into the biergarten at Epcot and has real bier.

I'll drink to that!

Beer Mug
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you and I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was awesome!

But the talk about Biergarten makes me wnat to head over there for a liter of Bier and some sing alongs!
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Germans do know how to party

Although why we celebrate and call Octoberfest that but celebrate in Sept. I'll never get it

Last edited by redbaron314 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read a review for the new menu…noticed the prices. Looks like counter service is creeping up to meet the competition. Good there are still places like Bengal BBQ around for lighter fare, not only for the belly, but also the pocketbook.

I don't mind paying for food, but $9 for a burger---no meal--it's a rip. Plus, no one needs that large of a burger--give us a reasonable portion for a reasonable price. The flatbread prices seem to be right with WDW which also means too much food for too much money---and if they sit at all, they WILL have greasy bottoms.

I'm going to give it a go…but I REALLY hope DLR is going for QUALITY counter service since it is the majority of food service in the Parks.

I'm willing to pay for sit down…but for good sit down. We did Ariel's Grotto for World of Colour in December and it just didn't make the cut. For the price, the quality of the food, dining space, noise and service were WAY under par. Having done a number of meals that include a performance---it's not like I have nothing to compare it to.

I'm looking forward to checking out the "new" village haus…though the menu is similar to many things available around WDW…I'm hoping it will be fresher and more flavorful that the fresh out of the freezer fare they once served freshly burned in the ovens Smile

: )
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redbaron314 wrote:
Germans do know how to party

Although why we celebrate and call Octoberfest that but celebrate in Sept. I'll never get

Don't I know it! Oh well, TRINKT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: