Haunted Mansion Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - WDW Haunted Mansion queue update

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

WDW Haunted Mansion queue update
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CountryBearFan
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the interactive queue for the Haunted Mansion was done very well and doesn't ruin anything at all.

Guests even have the option of going through the new interactive or not.

On a side note, I don't know if it's been mentioned on here yet, but the new effects with the Hitchhiking Ghosts are incredible! They're really cool and even interactive with riders in all sorts of cool, silly and spooky ways. Bouncing Ezra

P.S.: IMO, these new interactive queues are not to be feared.
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to state, since it's relevant to the topic, when we were out Disneyland way a couple of months ago, the Haunted Mansion ride was not in tip-top shape. I counted five or six animatronic characters that weren't working and several lighting or other special effects that were either malfunctioning or just disabled altogether. I think most of the things would have been obvious to even a person who had never been on the ride before.

The one that was most disappointing was the toppled singing head (amongst the four) in the graveyard scene. It's one of my favorite parts of the ride, and it was not projecting at all.

I'm glad they are putting some money into new additions to old favorites, but it seems like they could and probably should be using some of that cash to do renovations on existing parts of the ride.
alsirrap
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only been able to see videos online. It all looks like a lot of fun and I'm ready to enjoy playing with it all. I especially like the part where you provide the rhyme at the
end and see your word appear.
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Just curious on what the opinion is now from all the people who have now had a chance to visit the new queue? (Gee, something about going to visit a queue just sounds WRONG).

Me? I like some of it and think they had some great ideas but I wish they had put in less and made it seem a little more real, by leaving some grassy patches in front of the tombstones. I am not a fan of the Poet but I really like the tomb of the sailor. I just think they tried to put in too many of their ideas instead of just going with the best
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just gotten back from WDW and now being able to see it in person, it's not as bad as it was mad out to be, but I don't see what it really adds to the whole proceedings.

That being said, I liked the new "interactive" hitch-hiking ghosts in the mirrors at the end of the ride.
junebug1233
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is interesting but I always feel like I am rushed through and don't have time to enjoy it as much as I should. I feel that way about most interactive queues though.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got back a few months ago, and have some thoughts... I like the idea of an interactive queue, but it does seem like there is lot of stuff crammed in a very short amount of space, but most depressing much of it seems to not be working. If you are going to do this, where it is out there in front of people while they are waiting around. It has to work, otherwise it just makes it more and more obvious you have let maintenance slide.
CAIRat
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
Got back a few months ago, and have some thoughts... I like the idea of an interactive queue, but it does seem like there is lot of stuff crammed in a very short amount of space, but most depressing much of it seems to not be working. If you are going to do this, where it is out there in front of people while they are waiting around. It has to work, otherwise it just makes it more and more obvious you have let maintenance slide.

One word example: YETI!
'00 - Studios Merch (Stage 1/Tatooine Traders/Coaster Photo/Fantasmic), '05-'06 - Attractions (KSR), Dinoland Merch, '06-'07 - Concierge (Multiple Resorts), '07-'08 - Dream Squad (Aminal Kingdom), '10 - DVC Member Services
CTKnight3

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAIRat wrote:
WDWFan wrote:

One word example: YETI!

Skip Avatar Land and FIX THE YETI!

at least call a vet for him...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: