Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Cruising on the Disney Dream

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Cruising on the Disney Dream
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Cruise Line
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Cruising on the Disney Dream Reply with quote

Hi all! I received my confirmation today that I will be on the preview cruise of the Disney Dream January 14-17. I hope to gather information for anyone who may be setting sail on the ship next year. If you have any questions you'd like me to "take along" and research, let me know! I'd love to post a comprehensive review on here for everyone!

So far, the only information I have is the itinerary. We leave Port Canaveral Friday at 5pm, spend Saturday at Castaway Cay, Sunday at sea (NFL Divisional Playoffs that weekend...), and back to Port Canaveral on Monday. No Nassau or other port, which I'm more than happy with!

Boat Pirate Flag Cheers Beer Mug
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What fun!!

We're hoping to cruise on the Dream in the next year or so...it loks absolutely amazing!

: )
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to hear all about it!
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I set sail Friday on the Dream, so if you have any questions about the ship or DCL in general, please post them here. I'll do my best to get you answers!
kray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh,sounds wonderful!!

What kind of cabin do you have? We had an inside cabin on the Wonder which had a portal-like mirror, but I believe the Dream has virtual portals.

They've also done quite a bit of work on Castaway Cay since we we there - looking forward to hearing your impressions of that, too. Have you singed up for any programs on Castaway Cay?
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh! I can hardly wait! I'm sure I'll think of something--we're cruising the Dream in September! I can hardly wait!!

pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have a question/experiment for you to take along with you. I'd like to know if you are allowed to take a delicious alcoholic beverage on the water slide, and, if you are, how it fares throughout the ride.

Pictures documenting the experiment would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats hope you enjoy your trip and hope you enjoy Fl as a whole I sure miss it wanna move back so bad

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do want a review of that water coaster---looks amazing!!!

daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The slide is one thing I;d also like to hear about. I'm also interested in the restaurants, especially Animators Palette. Are you going to do the formal dining?

sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kray wrote:
Oh,sounds wonderful!!

What kind of cabin do you have? We had an inside cabin on the Wonder which had a portal-like mirror, but I believe the Dream has virtual portals.

They've also done quite a bit of work on Castaway Cay since we we there - looking forward to hearing your impressions of that, too. Have you singed up for any programs on Castaway Cay?

I have a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah on Deck 8. Since it's a preview cruise, you don't get to pick your stateroom. Since I'm sailing with 3 platinum level cruisers, we were assigned the room we received.

My first Disney cruise was on the Magic back in Jan. '05 and I had an interior stateroom, and a year later I was on Carnival and was upgraded to an Oceanview room. And yes, the Dream does have virtual portholes, which I'm hoping I get to see. The ship is not at capacity, but they do book it up heavily so that CMs get practice for when it IS very busy.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the changes to Castaway Cay. I haven't signed up for any activities while there, however when I was last there I did go sea kayaking which was a lot of fun. I didn't have to sign up in advance either - I just went up to the station and was able to rent a kayak.
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pugmalion1 wrote:
Yes, I have a question/experiment for you to take along with you. I'd like to know if you are allowed to take a delicious alcoholic beverage on the water slide, and, if you are, how it fares throughout the ride.

Pictures documenting the experiment would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hmmm...Maybe if I get one of those beer helmets and add some Mickey ears, they'll be none the wiser!

Idea
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveypoo wrote:
The slide is one thing I;d also like to hear about. I'm also interested in the restaurants, especially Animators Palette. Are you going to do the formal dining?

For those looking for info on the Aquaduck, I do plan on going on it. I hope the water is heated as it looks like it will only be getting up to around 70. Whether it is or isn't, I'll take one for the team! I hope I can get on it the first day before I gorge myself at the restaurants.

I will be attending the formal dining each night. Since there are three rotational dining restaurants and I will be there 3 nights, I anticipate that I will be at a different each night (especially since the crew is training for a *real* cruise). In addition to Animator's Palate, there are also Enchanted Garden and Royal Palace. I will not be going to Palo or Remy as reservations will likely be full for execs, and I have to save something for next time! I should, however, be able to take pictures during the day.

I will be documenting all the dining areas, cafes, and bars on the ship, as well as menus and items I order. I also plan on ordering room service to give that a try as well. I'll be gathering information for AJ at Disney Food Blog, as she will be on a preview cruise shortly after me.
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great! Hope you have a blast---don't work too hard playing reporter!!!

pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarah91182 wrote:
pugmalion1 wrote:

Hmmm...Maybe if I get one of those beer helmets and add some Mickey ears, they'll be none the wiser!

Idea

This also must be documented for posterity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Cruise Line All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: