Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Disney to Offer Alcohol in New Fantasyland Restaurant

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Disney to Offer Alcohol in New Fantasyland Restaurant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UncleDick
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Disney to Offer Alcohol in New Fantasyland Restaurant Reply with quote

An interesting article in the Sentinel this past week details Disney's decision to offer beer and wine at the new Be Our Guest restaurant in the Magic Kingdom: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-daily-disney/os-disney-be-our-guest-beer-wine-20120913,0,7741271.story

It's a bold decision given the long history of dryness at the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland (at Walt's own insistence), but I think they handled the announcement pretty well, emphasizing the foodie-centric focus of the new restaurant.

Disney has experience serving adult beverages at its theme parks since EPCOT Center opened 30 years ago, and they've been pretty successful at avoiding any major alcohol-related incidents, so I don't have any problem with fermented drink coming to the magic kingdoms.

It will be interesting to see if the more tradition-bound Disneyland follows suit any time soon. We're a long way from 1955.

In the meantime, better make those reservations for Be Our Guest!
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dislike
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the decision is excessive. There are enough places on proprty to get alcohol. They did not need to add it to the MK
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that this won't be like the other parks where you can roam at will with a drink. I think a restaurant like this needs to offer wine to compliment the meal. Anything other than that, I would disagree with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: