Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Saving together

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Saving together

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swimasb
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Saving together Reply with quote

Some friends and I would like to save some money for a big Disney trip in the future. Has anyone ever had a good way to save up together over a fairly long time? Looking for online or real life ideas. Thanks!

daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney gift cards. Buy them one a week/month/etc.

Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I make a game of it. All pocket change goes into a jar at the end of each day. It really adds up over the course of a month. We have an account just for this.
We also cash in soda and beer cans. That's not much but we make a game of it. People at work drop off their empty cans on my desk and say, "Here's another nickel for Mickey."
We use the Disney Visa card for all gas, groceries, dining out and booking Disney rooms. The rewards we get usually pay for a few days of meals at Disney (unless you go to the Food and Wine Festival where we go through it all in 2 days.)
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the luxury of "budgeting" a regular amount into my "Disney" savings account each month, and I too put my change in a bucket and roll it up and use that for daily snacks and meals - The Disney Rewards from the Disney Visa Card are awesome as well - and add up quickly - we just have to be careful and keep it paid off each month - This past year the discounts received from our Annual Pass on our hotel equaled one nights stay at The Grand (weeknight) and almost $200 on the merchandise and food we purchased during our stay - so guess we will continue to be AP holders even though they are getting so expensive - makes you go to the Park several times to make it cost effective as well ...

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: