Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Should we spring for the After-Hours ticket at MK

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Should we spring for the After-Hours ticket at MK
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we spring for the After-Hours MK Ticket?
YES!!
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
No
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Cats
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject: Should we spring for the After-Hours ticket at MK Reply with quote

We'll be arriving late to WDW and this would be the ONLY way we'd get to a park. Do you think we should?

Alacrity
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After researching a bit more I may have to change my vote to a maybe!

Depending on how late an arrival is, I suppose it could be beneficial to do one of these if you gotta have that extra night in the park. Given that you can enter as early as 7pm, it may be worth while. If the cost (which I think is a bit high) was just for the 3 hours I'd probably stick with my "no". With the ability to enter early, maybe it's not so bad. And you get some snacks too as it turns out!

On the other hand, if I were to arrive late I might not have the energy to really take advantage of this after traveling, probably, for much of the day. I might rather spend that money on a nice dinner at the hotel and a little relaxation.

I'm also assuming this is a late arrival at the start of a Disney stay and other Disney days are to come. If this is the only opportunity of getting to go to the park I might lean more toward the "go for it" side of the scale.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say. Personally I don't see how they can charge that much for so little. It depends how badly you need that Disney fix, and if it can be achieved in some other way like a good dinner at one of the resorts or DTD, sorry D Springs.

For the price of these late night tickets, you could rnjoy a really nice evening at one of these restaurants that might go down a lot better than paying that much for the tickets.

Me - only way I would spend it would be to make the Mrs WDWFan happy, and even then it would be a hard sell.

I voted Cats, because everyone should have cats, even n vacation.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So to shed a little more light on the reason for the poll...we're heading to WDW for 1 night before we head out for a cruise the next day. The original thought was to just hang at the resort (we're staying at the Poly). But then this "event" came to be and it got me thinking that we could get some nice part time in, even with us arriving at the resort around 9PM. The "normal" guests won't be leaving until 10, so we'd get there in time to have some fun.

Now to the point that have been made:

Expensive? Oh Yeah!
Worth It? I think it is to me.
Could that money be spent elsewhere? Oh yeah!

I think Alacrity hit it right on the head...yeah/may/no/cats. Smile

daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
I voted Cats, because everyone should have cats, even n vacation.

A quality vote!!

ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not having experienced this "extra ticket" depending on the cost and the time you will actually be able to use it - I would think you would enjoy a nice dinner, brandy and a cigar - just saying - whatever you do I know you and lildeb will have an awesome time and hope you totally relax after the stresses of the winter - and I voted cats as well - poppie won't travel without Miss Goldie anymore ... lol Smile
brendafitz24
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have a hard time being at the resort and not go to a park Smile I went to Orlando for a seminar. I wasn't going to pay the money for a one day ticket just to get a few hours in at night at MK....but I was fooling myself...bought the ticket and had a great time!
kraysister
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. What she said!!
Alacrity
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now we have "Early Morning Magic". Breakfast and early access to 7 Dwarves, Pooh and Peter Pan.

I wonder, if these work can we expect Extra Magic Hours to become a pay feature?
owtlaw17
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D,
Having been in the same boat of only having limited hours to hit the park and having spent the money... I have always found it worth it.

I know you could do a lot of other things with the money, but sometimes you need that Disney fix!

Regards,
Robert
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok gang, I thank you ALL for your insight, your opinions and most of all, your help.

Now, initially, we decided to not go. We figured we'd save the $300+, go to Trader Sam's and just relax and enjoy thing at the resort. In the morning, we had ressies to 'Ohana's to get a little more of our Disney Fix.

But then I read things here in this poll...and I got an email AGAIN with a little more detail. 25 of the most popular attractions will be open. and...and...we gave in. Smile We are doing this event. We'll get there around 9-ish and have around 4 hours of park time. As of the date of my purchase (end of last week), we held tickets 100 and 101. So if that number doesn't increase too much in the next week, we'll pretty much have the ENTIRE park to ourselves, which makes that WELL WORTH the $300

So thank you all again, and I especially appreciate all the votes for Cats!!

Alacrity
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have read in other places, the events have not been too well attended. You may luck out!
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alacrity wrote:
From what I have read in other places, the events have not been too well attended. You may luck out!

I think the price is a hard sell for people. Many people going to Disney these days are on a tight budget, and this isn't one of those extras that can be easily afforded. I know this and the morning one are experiments to see if this is something can can offer, and maybe use to eliminate Extra Magic Hours (at least in MK). Like I said, we have tickets 100 and 101, and where this event is a week away, I think the park will be pretty empty around 11PM. Who knows...we might be able to ride all the attractions we want, eat, hang out and still get back to the resort by midnight. Smile

brendafitz24
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you came to your senses and bought the tickets Wink When you get back, you'll have to let us know if you thought it was worth it or not!

Have a great time!!!! Can't believe we are going to miss you by a day!
kraysister
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, what she said!

Sparkle Tink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: