Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Disney Springs. What do you think?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Disney Springs. What do you think?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: Disney Springs. What do you think? Reply with quote

I must admit I was never a fan of Downtown Disney. Just more and more shops.

I was very pleasantly surprised by Disney Springs.
While I will still say most of it is too high priced, the new version of this area is a much more welcoming place for people to spend and evening with friends and family.

The night life and the open wandering flow work well towards creating a place you just want to go to take a stroll.

what do others think? Do you like the improvements?
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going to WDW later this year, so I'll definitely post a review. In advance of that, though, I will say I enjoyed Downtown Disney. While I consider it a "high end" outdoor mall, it still had enough touches to make it Disney pleasant. The food was good (at least at the places we tried). If you're lucky enough to be there at dusk and it's not very crowded, it's quite wonderful.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the "old" setup of Downtown Disney, Pleasure Island and The West Side. What I didn't like was the flow. Getting from DtD to PI was tough. Now that Disney Springs has the right flow, it works MUCH better. I like the shops and restaurants, and it's got that Disney feel without having to dish out money to get in there. The parking garage is a nice touch and will hopefully resolve the parking issue they've always had. Bust I must say, I miss Pleasure Island (especially The Adventurers Club) and I'd sacrifice the flow to have my Club back.

Oh, and regardless of it's name, it will ALWAYS be Downtown Disney to me! Smile

CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked Disney Springs. I am sure there were things in the older Downtown Disney that will be missed (Adventurers Club seems to be the big one), I think the new one is better themed instead of having three thremed regions. It also seems to be a bit more welcoming to all ages (if they have lots of money of course). It is a nice place to wander although they NEED MORE TREES or something to provide shelter!

I thought the parking garages would look ugly but Disney has done a nice job of hiding them from inside and it does make parking a lot easier. I know it is not finished, but I must say that they seem to be heading in a good direction. I will not say Downtown Disney needed to be replaced, but some tweaking was kinda overdue and they seem to have gone all out with this change.

Still not sure I would wait 2 hours just to pay 5 dollars for a cupcake simply because it came from a vending machine though. Just cant wrap my mind around that one. Of course those were the times when I was there...I expect it is always not that bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: