Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - DLR in May, 2019

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

DLR in May, 2019

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject: DLR in May, 2019 Reply with quote

Last week, ltldeb and I went to Disneyland for a week. It had been a year since we were there last, so there were a few new things we hadn’t seen. We stayed with a dear friend for the first few days, and not only had a great time with him and his wonderful GF, we also bonded more with his dog!! Apparently, she kept going in to the room where we stayed to look for us after we left. Poor baby. ? For the latter have of the trip, we stayed at Paradise Pier.

The day we arrived, it was very overcast and when we approached DLR, it was starting to rain. In the 15+ years we've been going to DLR, I think we've seen rain MAYBE 4 times! And since we have had rain in MA for about 6 months, we were a bit disappointed.

Mickey & Friends garage was closed due to being full, so we drove to find the other parking area (which we have never used before). Since it was starting to rain more, we decided to head to our friend’s house and wait there until the rain stopped, and when it cleared up, we could Uber to the parks. When we got to our friend’s house, and he was home (not at work), so we ended up hanging out there for a while as the huge thunder storm passed (an unusual occurrence in Southern California, but quite normal up here in New England). Around dinner time, we headed back to the parks.

It feels SO GOOD to be at DLR!! We arrived at the Mickey & Friends structure and it was open for use, and open with out issues. We got a look at the new structure they are almost done building. Quite impressive of a structure. Parking and getting through security was easy. I do love the new security setup and hope it stays the same in the future. A quick tram ride to parks and we were ready for fun.

When we got to the parks, we decided to renew our AP’s (that were expiring on 5/26) so we could spend more time in the parks and use the 5-Day Hoppers we bought for September to help pay for the AP's. That process was pretty quick and pretty painless. I do love having our AP’s, and now we're set until next May!

Not much new in DL for us. One of the huge things for us was Pirates. It was closed a year ago while they were doing the referb and removing Red. It looked good, I like the new effects just as you enter the ship battle scene. And man, oh man, was it crowded at the parks. We used MaxPass so lines weren’t a big deal and made things easier.

We also got to experience the new Pixar Pier. It was also still being worked on a year ago. I wasn’t sure how I’d like the changes since I loved how that part of the park USED to be. Overall, I liked the changes. Incredicoaster was really fun, and pretty much everything else stayed the same except they were rethemed. But it all flowed well, and the whole thing was quite crowded.

Overall, a great trip, got to see a few new things, got to visit a VERY special place (and met more wonderful people), and overall had a great time. The weather could have been better though (it was actually better weather back here in MA that it was in DLR). But spending time with our dear friend was probably one of the greatest things we got to do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: