Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - What's your favorite restaurant in WDW?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

What's your favorite restaurant in WDW?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't believe i hadn't replied to this yet.

i think ohana and bistro de paris are my favorite wdw restaurants. oh and le cellier. and rose and crown. and...well, probably everything in world showcase. i like concourse steakhouse too.
Dpfiling
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Favorite WDW restaurant Reply with quote

As a WDW Castmember, I have had the opportunity to dine in nearly every eatery on property. I have to say that I really love Alfredo's in Italy at World Showcase. However, for a foot-stompin' good time, and all-you-can-eat, The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review at Pioneer Hall in Fort Wilderness is a very close second. Razz
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried Jiko at DAK Lodge?
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahosifatz wrote:

No, but I've heard it has a very interesting kind of food. I've never been to Africa so... I don't know much about the food there. But I hear its just like the real thing
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch dessert..... Butter Griddled Pound Cake is to DIE for.....

Another good place is the House of Blues at Downtown.... some of the best fried chicken around.... and the ultimate Corn Bread!
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sketchy976 wrote:
I used to love Cape May Cafe for the clambake. I hope its still there.

Yep, it's still there. I go every time I go home to FL. Still my absolute fave is California Grill.
freezerboy
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta vote for morocco. when they opened, it was the only restaurant on property that honored the cast member discount. (it was the only one *I* knew about) i can't remember if i got 15 or 40% off ... but as it was (and perhaps still is) the cheapest full service restaurant in world showcase, it ended up being quite a bargain.

anyhow ... found out that i LOVE couscous. who knew?!

all that AND belly dancing.
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks. I know this may sound too cheesy but my personal favorite eatery is the Crystal Palace Restaurant on Main Street in MK. I know the food there may not be the best in the resort but there is just something about being able to eat in such a grand atmosphere and at the same time be comfortable. What can I say, I'm a sucker for great functional architechture. I also have to say that the Empress Lilly is/was one of the better seafood spots in the resort, (expensive yes, but worht it for the view). Anyway, I also have a soft spot for Aunt Polly's on Tom Sawyer Island, (yes I know I'm being sloppy here), but as I said, I like to be comfortable when I'm having a meal, ANY meal. Well, until later, peace.
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blinkereye123 wrote:
Hi folks. I know this may sound too cheesy but my personal favorite eatery is the Crystal Palace Restaurant on Main Street in MK. I know the food there may not be the best in the resort but there is just something about being able to eat in such a grand atmosphere and at the same time be comfortable. What can I say, I'm a sucker for great functional architechture. I also have to say that the Empress Lilly is/was one of the better seafood spots in the resort, (expensive yes, but worht it for the view). Anyway, I also have a soft spot for Aunt Polly's on Tom Sawyer Island, (yes I know I'm being sloppy here), but as I said, I like to be comfortable when I'm having a meal, ANY meal. Well, until later, peace.

MMMMMM I haven't been to Aunt Polly's in a LONG TIME!!! I'm SO EXCITED I'M GOING IN OCTOBER Cheers
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahosifatz wrote:

I tried the buffet they had there. It was good, but the menu is definitely not New England. entire group liked it.
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
jahosifatz wrote:

I tried the buffet they had there. It was good, but the menu is definitely not New England. entire group liked it.

REALLY? Not New England food?? Razz I was expecting the theme of the hotel... JK Laughing
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my point. It is definitely not what folks in the US are use to. So you have to be willing to try new things and experiment. I know this may sound odd, but quite a few people go to these restaurants and DO expect them to be traditional american cuisine instead of what the hotels theme might indicate...
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends on the meal ......

King Stephan's banquet hall for steak....
Japan for Japanese food .....
England Shepherd's pie.... oh my jelly babies......The Doctor lives forever but where do I park my TARDIS

The rotating restaurant at the land for my fav duck sausage pizza with goats cheese man do i miss it.......

Oh at one of the hotel at the Disney Marketplace the Slueth's Dineer show where you need to figure out how dunnit?

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer

Last edited by redbaron314 on Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boma's is nice with a great selection.

If you skip the Hoop De Doo Revue but go to the restaurant next to it, you can have some of the great food anyhow.

I think the nicest thing is not one restaurant but the care they treat you with if you have a food allergy. Boma's and O'Hana(?) (Polenesian Resort with Coconut races) were both awesome in explaining to my mom what sahe could or could not eat and in two cases, preparing for her a completely seperate entree without the allergy causing ingredients. That is great service!
CTKnight3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once invited a freind of mine from Nigeria to visit the zoo with me...His response...Why? Its just food...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: