Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Spirit of Aloha Show

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Spirit of Aloha Show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Spirit of Aloha Show Reply with quote

I was very concerned when I booked this show. I hadn't seen a single positive review on any fan site. And this is one of the pre-pay shows.

Donna and I really enjoyed it. This isn't your "Old Lahaina" luau on Maui. Maybe that is why the reviews I saw weren't too positive. It would be unfair to compare a luau in Hawaii with the show at the Polynesian. But then again, the Disney version won't set you back the same amout of money it would cost in Hawaii.

The food was very good and plentiful, although the choices were limited. The price of dinner includes dessert and unlimited beer and wine. The service was very good. We had a very attentive waiter who kept our glasses full. Dessert was a chocolate mousse volcano with raspberry lava.
We were even given the traditional flower lei greeting. (Okay. It was a plastic lei, but it was fun.)

The show was typical Disney. It had a nice story that included modern music as well as traditional Polynesian dances. Of course there was the fire twirler. And there was a bit of comedy throughout.

We were a few minutes late getting seated, but the show and dinner lasted almost 2 hours.

Take my advice and go to the 8:00 show. The entire atmosphere is really nice in the dark. Even the photographer that takes your picture, which you can purchase latter, did a good job.

I would do this again. In fact, we have been talking about giving the show to my parents as a gift when they go to Florida next spring.

Aloha
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the review Frank. I, too, have not seen too many positive reports on this dinner.

I'd like to try it but I fear that my picky wife and daughter wouldn't like the food. What did they serve? Are there alternitives?

ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the menu for the Spirit of Aloha Dinner.

As an additional note, DDE members get a 20% discount on the late show.
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link Rita! I saw some things on the menu I'd eat. Perhaps we'll have to check this out on a future vacation.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing! There are so many yummy and fun places to eat in FLA... This one sounds particularly entertaining!

: )
ksdisneyfan
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about trying this one too, but just haven't had the chance yet. Thanks for the positive review - this just might have to get on the "to do" list for an upcoming trip.

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day..."
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tapping Foot Kathy don't make any plans for any next trip until
you check with your DH. Smile
You know how grumpy he can get.
But this meal/show does sound good.
Thanks every one for the info.
evileye382
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen it and my mom and I loved it. Cute show...cute fire dancer...lol. Great food...what's not to like?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: