Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Hollywood & Vine

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Hollywood & Vine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ksdisneyfan
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Hollywood & Vine Reply with quote

We went there for the dinner buffet on our Halloween trip. We used to love going there when they had the character meal and since this was a last minute trip with ADRs made late, I thought we'd try it again. The food has really gone downhill. About the only thing that I even remotely remembering as worth going up for more of were the roasted potatoes. So if you're trying to decide between this and one of the other fine eateries at MGM, go to the other one Rolling Eyes I wish they'd bring the characters back.

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day..."
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realise the characters made the food taste better Wink We didn't eat at Hollywood and Dine...but from experience at DLR--characters don't necessarily mean the food (or service) will be good.

: )
ksdisneyfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're absolutely right - but at least the characters give you a reason to go back. The characters there were great - in old style Hollywood garb and they had alot of interaction with the kids. To be fair, I couldn't tell how the food was the last time. I was there with a very large group for friends and don't even remember what we ate. It just seems the food was very poor quality this time. Maybe if they got a new chef ...

ciciwoowoo
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy,

Thanks for the tip! We are going to do the Fantasmic show and dinner thing, and were kicking around doing Hollywood and Vine vs the Brown Derby...Guess we'll stick with the Cobb Salad!
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Yes! What Kathy said. Smile
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did the Fantasmic dinner package from Hollywood and Vine in July and loved it! The food was great and getting to our seats for the show was a breeze. I wonder what happened between July and October?

Cici, there's always Mama Melrose's too for the dinner package. We've eaten there and really enjoyed their food.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it is great they offer the dinner packages at WDW..i wish DLR at least offered that--tho I haven't even splurged for the dessert thing with Fantasmic--and I'd love to do that as well.

I can't remember where we ate over there at WDW...but the recommendation we got, I believe was or the Brown Derby...

: )
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltldeb wrote:

Cici, there's always Mama Melrose's too for the dinner package. We've eaten there and really enjoyed their food.

Donna and I ate at Mama Melrose's last month as part of the package, and we thought it was excellent. Our server wasn't the speediest thing on 2 feet. But the food was very good. We got to the show an hour early too, so we had very good seats.

I hope H & V was just a bad day. We have eaten there and really liked it.
ksdisneyfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltldeb wrote:
We did the Fantasmic dinner package from Hollywood and Vine in July and loved it! The food was great and getting to our seats for the show was a breeze. I wonder what happened between July and October?

I don't know Deb. Maybe they were just having a bad day.

ericpabear
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to go to take the family to a different place to eat every year, some remain our favorites, so we go back to those year after year. Hollywood & Vine didn't make the favorite list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Dining All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: