Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Least Desirable Resorts - Opinion Poll

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Least Desirable Resorts - Opinion Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fellowship9798
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deluxe: Contemporary. It seemed so incredibly cool when I was about 10 years old, but the novelty has definitely worn off in my 30's.

Moderate: CBR. I stayed there once and it just didn't appeal to me as much as Port Orleans Riverside, where I also stayed.

Value: Probably All Star Sports, but they're all so similar this one is really hard to differentiate.

Of course any WDW trip in any resort is perfectly acceptable to me and about 1000% better than another day at work.
Therewasatime
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one I've had a bad experience with is Pop Century. Everything closed so early if you stayed at any of the parks till close you had nothing to do when you got back to the resort. That and waiting 2 hours to get into my room because of their locking equipment.
wildcatterasst
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Premium-Contemporary-I think they should just paint it white, it would make it look less aged and replace the glass on on the sides of the Grand Canyon Concourse, it looks like it hasn't been cleaned since the resort opened.
DVC-Saratoga Springs-It looks like a VERY generic apartment complex.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deluxe I love them all ( sorry no help there)

Moderate - Coronado springs

value- pop century
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite possibly, the worst resort I've ever stayed at was "Al's Dysniy Hotel". Although the manager at the front desk swore up and down, that it was a part of the Walt Disney World Resort, I'm still not so sure.

Has anyone else stayed here? And if so, can you validate the managers claim?
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahahahahahahah.

i miss the cheesy old googie motels around disneyland. stovall's flagship motel is still there, but it's not as googie-fabulous as it used to be...and their other motels are long gone. virtually all of the cool signage has been banished from the anaheim resort. sadness.
wdwaddict
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deluxe: Contemporary it is old looking to me and the grounds are boring i like the landscapes and the pools at all the other deluxes!
Moderate: Coronado while the pool is nice I dont care for the atmosphere to many conventioners
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of my first 2 trips to WDW in the late 80's. Those package deals from Paragon Tours or Crimson Travel. Charter flights that never get in or out on time, stay on International Drive and bus to the park, (Buses leave the park at 5:00 PM) Kids stay for $99.00. Trip alwqys included Cypress Gardens, Sea World, lousy breakfast at Medieval Times to try and sell you more packages, Wet and Wild., stop at a roadside orange grove and get free jelly.

I never knew what I was missing until I stayed on property. Now I wouldn't do it any other way. Thank you Al Gore for inventing the internet so I can book everything on line.
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a feeling i'm gonna be sick of the value resorts after this next trip lol.

i love the all stars, but...when it comes to wdw, i crave variety, change, and luxury lol.

Disneyland is a different story...part of the experience is the selection of cheesy motels. maybe that's because my earliest memories of the place involve cheesy motels. i wrote a college admissions essay on anticipation. namely, the anticipation one feels when staring at the disneyland parking lot through the glass louvers in a cheesy motel bathroom.

i miss the Heidi Motel...it was sooo freaking fabulous...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: